x

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square terminal with square appointments

I just ordered a square terminal and now I’m rethinking it after some reading... I want to check out my clients and be able to keep track of sales and clients payment history but now I see I can’t use square appointments on the square terminal. I see you can open a ticket to sync but how do i add my client to that ticket that is on my schedule to check out? 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Checkout Appointments using Square Terminal

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

132 Comments

Ditto to all of this!  Will be an incredible update- when this is released, how will users be informed? Should i  keep checking back on this thread or there will be an announcement when we sign into our accounts? I'm new to square so still learning how new releases are communicated to end users 🙂   

Thanks!

Sciortino's Hairstyling

(New Jersey)

Alumni

Hi @SciortinosHair,

Thanks for the post. Normally when we launch new products or release new updates; we update this thread, send out emails, include in-app notifications, and often post content on our website. We got you covered.

Please let me know if you have any other questions by replying to this thread. 

Beta Member

I understand that as of now there is no direct integration between my square appointments app and the square terminal. But I just purchased a terminal WITHOUT knowing that lol. I want to avoid having to return it so I’m wondering if there is a way I can create an open ticket from an appointment in my square appointments app so that I can then access the open ticket on my terminal. I know I can create a NEW ticket from the checkout option but that requires me to then add the customer to the ticket and bla bla bla. I want to just click on the appointment that already has the customer attached, already has all the services they are paying for, and create an open ticket from there. Is this possible?? 

Admin

Hey @skcampbell525. Sorry that wasn't made clear before purchasing the Terminal! Unfortunately that open ticket scenario wouldn't work since you'd still be creating the ticket through the Appointments app. I moved your post to this thread where a few sellers mention how they go about checking out their customers who are also running into the same problem.

You'll also be notified if and when we post any changes/announcements on this thread regarding this feature request!

I have a beauty business and use square appointments to make appointments and check out clients. I may be interested in purchasing squares POS hardware as right now I am checking clients out on an iPad, but I would like to know if the POS hardware supports the appointment app? 

Square Community Moderator

@OmariBrow great question! The Appointments app is available on iOS and Android devices, but it is not yet available on our Square Register or our Square Terminal. Which hardware piece were you looking at? If it's our Contactless and Chip Reader or magstripe reader, then you can accept payments in the Appointments App with that as well!

Beta Member

Anything Square should not be separate apps! Sheesh! In appointments, there should be a checked-in option that then sets the appointment now as an open ticket on the POS system. This then allows for other things, like the customer buying a beer or getting food, in our case, and then the bartender can close the ticket and this will then close the appointment. We are currently having to go into the appointment app, click to the appointment, edit the appointment to add the drink or food item that the customer wants - then when they return to pay - since they started a tab, essentially - we have to go back into the appt app and complete the transaction through it. It is very messy and since the appt app will not bring up the POS screens and you have to search through the library to find the items you want to add - it creates havoc when the incorrect item is selected and then inventory is screwed up as a result.

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @JPWilkinson - thanks so much for adding your voice here. All of these suggestions are great, especially the correlation between Appointment check in efficiency and opting into creating an open ticket for that specific appointment.

I am happy to pass this feedback onto our Product Teams for further visibility. We hope to bring some more updated feature to Appointments in the near future. Stay tuned!

I’m just wondering what we should do with these open tickets in the appointments app since I’m creating a second ticket in the terminal for my clients to pay...
I’d still like to keep track of past purchases, can we close their appointments somehow without charging through the appointments app? 

I also just purchased the terminal without knowing it didn’t connect to the appointments app 😅

Beta Member

The way our salon worked around it for now, was to create an alternate square account.
This second account becomes our terminal account, we treat it like a thirdparty POS.
When we cash out sales in Square Appointments we mark the transaction as paid by "record other payment > record debit/credit"

This closes the transaction, and keeps things organized in square appts.
The down side is having to keep reaally organized when it comes to entering in the recorded payments, since square does not make it easy to fix clerical errors.

This may not be the ideal way to do it but it seems to work for us, and it saved us from having a terminal we couldn't use.