x

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square terminal with square appointments

I just ordered a square terminal and now I’m rethinking it after some reading... I want to check out my clients and be able to keep track of sales and clients payment history but now I see I can’t use square appointments on the square terminal. I see you can open a ticket to sync but how do i add my client to that ticket that is on my schedule to check out? 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Checkout Appointments using Square Terminal

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

132 Comments

It would be super amazing if the square terminal worked with the Square Appointments or at least they could sync with each other I just got all those two systems integrated with each other square terminal is perfect and compact for my independent salon station I love the stand an iPad but it’s just too big for my spaceChip reader and car readers are fine but it allows for a little more social distancing with the terminal

Alumni

Firstly, welcome to the Seller Community!
Thank you for the detailed feedback and letting us know why this would be useful for you, @SalonRjai 

I wanted to offer some advice about your reader - it sounds like you are physically holding the chip reader for clients, is that right?

I've seen businesses leave their reader on the customer side of the sneeze guard, which is a great way to stay socially distanced while offering the contactless option for payments. If you're worried about theft, you may consider adding a piece of velcro to the bottom and removing the reader when you aren't accepting payments. I'm not sure if this suggestion would work at your salon, but I wanted to provide some kind of suggestion here 💫

Beta Member

I came hoping there was a fix for this. I'll add my vote for this being a priority feture request. 

We have created a work-around process for our salon & spa using the invoices function that works decently, though not ideally. If anyone want the details I am happy to share. 

Alumni

Thanks for sharing your work around and helping our Sellers! Tagged your post as an extra tally mark for this feature request. Hopefully the Product Team gives us word on development soon. 

@AutumnVHL

Beta Member

I've been using the Terminal in my salon  since it was released, but was using a different scheduling system. I have found it very frustrating to have to basically "check out" each of my clients twice. So I have been working to switch all of my scheduling over to Square Appointments, only to realize that it won't integrate with my terminal. I still have the Square Reader, but like the Terminal much better, as do all of my clients. So I seem to be back to checking all my clients out twice (but really just "record a payment" in Appointments). Looks like I haven't saved myself any steps at all!  I hope there is going to be a fix for this soon! 

Beta Member

I was able to become a beta tester for appointment on terminal and it seems to be going very smooth! Hopefully they release it soon! Or maybe you can contact square to see if they can set you up for it! 

Beta Member

Using the Terminal, that seems to be the only option right now. I started to manually check them out, and just record the payment, but unfortunately, it was being marked as a double payment, which was putting my income out of balance. I've had to "refund" the cash (recorded) payment, since the real payment was processed through the Terminal. I just don't like having an appointment not checked out though. It feels incomplete. 

Beta Member

We're almost a year into this question, and there doesn't seem to be an answer yet. Any update on this situation? 

Beta Member

Does terminal work with appointments 

Square Community Moderator

Hi @HairbyAngel1! I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question. Thank you!