x

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

Feature Request: Use Square Appointments on the Square Terminal

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Square terminal with square appointments

I just ordered a square terminal and now I’m rethinking it after some reading... I want to check out my clients and be able to keep track of sales and clients payment history but now I see I can’t use square appointments on the square terminal. I see you can open a ticket to sync but how do i add my client to that ticket that is on my schedule to check out? 

2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?

Hi @MISSY1-

I moved your post to our Square Appointments Feature Request board. 

Right now, this isn't available for the Terminal. There isn't a timeline currently, for its implementation. Keep an eye out for an announcement for this feature update!

Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Checkout Appointments using Square Terminal

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

132 Comments

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Can client checkout with appointment app sync with s. Terminal. To show they have paid??

I have been using square appointment app (which I love) to check out clients. Love how I can see if they paid or not. Just recently purchased square Terminal. Drives me crazy they don’t sync. Just wish square appointment app was on my terminal so I wouldn’t have to bother having any other device.  Everything on the TERMINAL!! Wish I could book and check out clients on just the terminal. 

Admin

Thank you for your post @jjkingham. I'm moving it to the Feature Request board so we can keep you updated! 

In the meantime, as a workaround, open tickets do sync between the Appointments app and Square Terminal. This means you could create a ticket from the Appointments app, open the same ticket on Square Terminal and tap Charge to complete the payment.

Alumni
Status changed to: Has Community Team Input

I couldn't agree more.  I need to see appointments on my terminal so I can see what services I am charging the customer for at the end of a session.  Retail products are only a portion of my spa, it's my services I want visibilty to!

Before I buy the square terminal ? Can I use square appointment app right from the terminal to book clients ? 

Super Seller Alumni

Currently Appointments doesn't sync with the Terminal.  There's a work around for creating a ticket under appointments and checking it out in the Terminal, but I don't think that's what you're asking for.

The functionality you're asking for currently exists as a Feature Request within Square.

So Googling this, the best I could figure out is the Terminal doesn't work with Square Appointments. I haven't used Square in a few years. But, want to get back to using it. I'd like a Terminal, but I'd like to use Appointments too. How would I manage this if they're not compatible. I'd rather not have to pull out my iPhone and my Terminal every time I have an appointment I want to get paid.  Would anyone happen to know if Square plans to release a firmware/software update for the Terminal that will add Appointment intergration. It seems like a feature it should have had from launch.

Square Community Moderator

Hey @Bighead951

The Terminal only runs Point of Sale at this time. I'm going to move your post to a more relevant thread on this and so our Product team can track how many sellers are looking for this!

There's a workaround listed in this new thread but it's not exactly what you're looking for here. 

Admin

Hey @Hairbyrachel. Hate to break this news, but the Terminal is not compatible with Square Appointments at this time. If you're within the 30 day window of purchasing the Terminal, you can always return it to us and look at a different option!

How can I view "Calendar" on square terminal?