x

Feature request : Extend appointment time limit

I'm having a huge issues with square appointments, one of the biggest services we offer is a boarding service, so the service often spans a week, sometimes longer, but square appointments wont let me put an appointment in longer than one day. Please tell me there is a way round this or I've just wasted a lot of money on a POS that wont work for my business.

Message 1 of 18
Report Inappropriate Content
17 REPLIES 17
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Shellalbachi, thanks for reaching out! With Square Appointments, the service duration is limited to 24h and we can book up to 2 days services in one booking. When you offer a service that is over 2 days, we suggest to use "Repeat" option to book several days service. Please have a look at the screenshot below. 

I hope this helps, if you have any questions please let me know. 

Emma
Community Manager, Square
Message 2 of 18

So if I need to book 2 weeks boarding my client is going to get 7 different booking reminders??? Thatโ€™s not acceptable. Why on earth would you limit it to

two days? What was the reason for that? It means my whole booking and till system is totally unfit for purpose. 

Message 3 of 18

Also means I will have no way of adjusting first and last day for varying collection and drop off times if I need to just repeat the same booking slot. Such a shame that you elected to put a pointless limit of two days that helps nothing and no one, and rendered the system useless for a whole chunk of businesses that book extended services. 

Message 4 of 18

Thanks for clarifying @Shellalbachi and sorry this doesn't suit your needs. Let me ask our team for any other workaround or solution. I will get back to you as soon as I have an update. 

Emma
Message 5 of 18

Why is there a two day limit?? What is the purpose of that? Canโ€™t that just be removed? Or changed to a month? Itโ€™s a pointless thing to have. 

Message 6 of 18
Beta Member

Surely it would be more straightforward to have an appointment start date/time and end date/time without the complication of repeats etc

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 7 of 18

Youโ€™d think so eh? My pick ups and drop offs vary widely in timing so repeats just wonโ€™t work. While system is totally defunct for me thanks to one pointless rule. 

Message 8 of 18
Beta Member

I was showing this system to a friend who has a dog boarding business and this was the only thing that she said made the system unusable for her. Why make a simple process complicated?

Message 9 of 18

Yeah itโ€™s made it totally unusable for me, sadly not something I realised until after spending over a grand on it. Such a pity. Ill need to return the entire POS system as the integrated booking system was the main reason I went for it. 

Message 10 of 18
Beta Member

@Emma_ Do Square realise they are probably losing thousands of potential customers by this one glaring issue

Message 11 of 18

Thank you @Shellalbachi and @tonydow for sharing your feedback. I can definitely see how beneficial it can be to be able to schedule an appointment for more than 24h and more than 2 days in one booking. We are constantly working to improve our features based on feedback like this, so I'll be sure to pass these requests to our Product team. 

In regards to using "Repeat" feature, here is more clarification.

• When you use Repeat option, the customer receives one confirmation email and they can see and manage all their bookings on their customer profile

• You can change the start date and time as well as end date for the appointment. When you click "Repeat" option, you will see more options to change date and time.

• To set a specific appointment end time, you can edit the service duration in order to reflect the end time you want. I understand this is a manual process and not ideal. I will pass this onto our Product team too. 

Thanks for your feedback again. When there is an update, I'll be sure to post in this thread. 

Emma
Message 12 of 18
Beta Member

Thanks for the clarification @Emma_. As you explain, it is possible but it would be so much easier to just have a simple start date/time and end date/time

Message 13 of 18

Honestly there seems to be multiple small, niggly issues that put people off, this one is a doozy though. Itโ€™s so utterly pointless. 

Message 14 of 18

Still no improvement with this? The repeat function doesn't work, at all, it still limits it to two days, and I can have alternating start and finish times at all, and you've still not explained what the purpose of this 2 day limit is? There's a huge number of businesses that you've cut off with this, that you've made your system totally unusable for, why? Please fix this! I've invested so much in this system and it's useless to my business, I'm so upset!

Message 15 of 18
Admin

I can appreciate your frustration @Shellalbachi. At the moment, we don't have any update for when this feature will be available. Feature requests can take time for our team to build as there are a lot of factors they need to take into consideration when developing new features and addressing limitations for current products. We will continue to share your feedback to our Product team and will follow up as soon as we have anything to share. You can also read more about feature requests and the Seller Community here

In the meantime, Square also works with a number of booking & scheduling systems that may be more suited for your needs right now. You can find all our partners in our App Marketplace

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 16 of 18

Itโ€™s hardly a new feature! Iโ€™m asking you to remove an utterly pointless appointment time limit. Itโ€™s a very quick and easy job and you know it! It would take your programmers minutes. Making your system useable doesnโ€™t seem to be a priority oddly, there is so many minor niggly issues with it that would be so easy and quick to fix, itโ€™s utterly disappointing that you donโ€™t feel itโ€™s a priority to make the system useable for your customers. 
And as for other scheduling systems the whole point in me spending over 1k on the square till was so that I could schedule directly from my till! I have neither the space or money to now add a computer system in my shop nor should I have to after investing over ยฃ1000 in your system that was advertised as being able to do so. 
I want to return this if I canโ€™t use it for what I need Iโ€™ll use another system. How do I go about returning this for a fullrefund?

Message 17 of 18
Admin

You can return your hardware by completing this form. If you run into any error message while filling out the form, please don't hesitate to contact our Support team directly

Tra
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 18 of 18