x

Firefox update to 64.0.2 and now there is NO scroll bar in the ITEMS section on my desktop computer

I updated my FF last night to 64.0.2

Today I went into me Desktop Square so I can fix inventory.

Issue is, there is NO SCROLL BAR on the Right side of the screen to see the inventory below the 1st screen.

Wheel Mouse desn't work either as that is how I usually do it.

I can't roll back FF.

Why would this happen ???  I can scroll on the phone app because it is a different system and format.

Can SOMEONE get back to me ??  I have a ton of inventory fixes to do but really is a PITA on the phone !!!

BTW, it is Stupid that you can not send an Email to SQ about this issue.  I would have to call and I can not because I have crappy phone range here at my house

-Unhappy !

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

I have the same issue only on the items library tab of the items page.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

as to why it happens, it is just a bug in the way the web engine is rendering the page.  

I would suggest downloading a free browser like google chrome to use at the moment while the site is rescripted or the rendering engine is fixed.  It is working in Chrome right now has chrome has a different rendering engine than firefox.

As for email, you can always email or call though I would highly recommend calling as email can take days to respond.  to email:

https://squareup.com/help/contact

Click "More"

Click "I don't see my issue"

Click "Email Support"

Message 2 of 6

Thanks but I use FF because I DON'T want to use the other crappy platforms 🙂

Thanks for the email linky.  After clicking through pages it irks me that they just can't have a link on the bottom of every page   😠

Love Sq but they need to fix this or I will leave as it is now useless if I can't SEE my stuff.

Message 3 of 6
Super Seller

Without doing a deep analysis of the code, which I'm not going to do in my spare time, I don't know if it is a bug in the coding of the Quantum engine firefox uses or a bug in the way the page is scripted.  So it may or may not be up to Square to fix the issue. 

Hopefully, it is a simple fix, but in the meantime using a different browser to continue to run your business might be the only option as it correctly renders in the Blink engine of chrome.

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

I just checked and it does render and work correctly in Opera and Vivaldi if you don't want to use Google Chrome.

Message 5 of 6

Sq is looking into it.

It is obviously some kind of script issue, but I don't go that far into Puter stuff 😉

Thanks

I have to ad pics and change a few things, which I can do on the tablet or phone if I have to.

But I don't use anything but FF on the big puter.  Just a personal preference and I don't do any banking or anything with too much info other then Sq on the phone or tablet.

Either way it does need to be looked at and fixed by Sq if it is something that can be done to their program.  As others will have this issue and I wouldn't want anyone to NOT use Sq because of this.  I really like Sq!

Message 6 of 6