x

Why is my device not compatible with Square Point of Sale?

Galaxy Tab E lite 7" Not compatible with Square POS app? I updated the software and still the same.

I bought this Galaxy Tab E lite for the sole purpose of using it for Square POS. It won't let me download the app because it says my device is not compatible. I looked for software updates but it said I am current. I shut down and restarted it and still nothing. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Paul2, thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the frustration.

I went to check on this, and the Galaxy Tab E Lite 7.0 is not compatible at this time. While I don't have have a workaround for this issue, I would suggest checking our list of supported devices: Device Compatibility. Hopefully, you'll find an alternative device there that works well for your business.

We're constantly working to support more devices — thank you for your patience in the meantime!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Paul2, thanks for getting in touch and sorry for the frustration.

I went to check on this, and the Galaxy Tab E Lite 7.0 is not compatible at this time. While I don't have have a workaround for this issue, I would suggest checking our list of supported devices: Device Compatibility. Hopefully, you'll find an alternative device there that works well for your business.

We're constantly working to support more devices — thank you for your patience in the meantime!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

Galaxy Tab E from Verizon not supported? Why?

Why is the same tablet supported through Sprint and AT&T but not Verizon?

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hi @KiteBoss - thanks for posting. 

We do our best to support as many devices as we can. Many Android devices do work with Square, and you're welcome to test it out for yourself.

You can also take a look at at our Device Compatibility page to see devices that are compatible for use with Square Point of Sale. 

Message 4 of 8

The same device is compatible through AT&T and Sprint, but not Verizon. What is the difference in cellular service between them that rules Verizon out? I have Verizon service and is looking to buy the tablet, but don't want to go with another carrier. I'm not going to buy it and then have it not work. Hope you understand.

Message 5 of 8
Alumni

I definitely understand that. Since you haven't bought it yet, I recommend choosing a device from the compatibility list. 👍

Message 6 of 8

Verizon uses a different cell hardware from tmobile and at&t.  GSM vs.cdma.

Message 7 of 8

Is this device still not compatible with Square?  It's been almost two years since these posts and it's not on the compatible devices list.  Sadly many of the devices on that list are no longer available or only available used.  Seems like having a broad array of currently available new compatible devices would be in the best interests of Square in making their service/product useful to people who can't use their personal devices for Square.  

Message 8 of 8