x

Gallery - Mobile Site

I am having an issue where my gallery images do not show up to visitors to the mobile version of the site. If you view desktop version on a mobile you get some but not all of the images

I have tried resizing the images to less than 1mb as advised

I have tested a gallery page with only one image

I have contacted customer support - no response

Has anyone else noticed this issue? Does anyone know how to resolve?

Massive thanks in advance! 

Message 1 of 13
Report Inappropriate Content
2 Verified Answers
Verified Answer

Re: Gallery - Mobile Site

I'm glad to hear the issue is sorted @ShabbySeawitch! From looking on my end it looks like the Samsung Internet app isn't one of our supported browsers so it can caused issue when loading the page. If possible, we definitely recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

And I seconded @Sam_400º point - your monsters all look amazing! 

Verified Answer

Re: Gallery - Mobile Site

Just placed my order my two kids 👍🏻

Have you thought of having a free text modifier so people can enter the fabric type for each item? 

Then they type in the fabric they want & it attaches to the order as I found there's no comments section for you at checkout either so just replied to the email. 

Something like this:
Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 15.39.54.png

Sam

12 REPLIES 12
Admin

Hi @ShabbySeawitch, sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue! Would you mind sending me a link to your website so I can test it on my end too? Are the images not loading regardless of which mobile browser it is or it's just now loading with a specific browser? 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 13

Thanks for taking a look

I have asked a couple of friends to try it with no luck in their browsers 

The site is theshabbyseawitch.square.site 

Thanks again

Message 3 of 13
Admin

Thanks for sending that on @ShabbySeawitch! I've opened the site using a Chrome browser on an iPhone and was able to load the images. Just to make sure, was there a specific item that isn't loading or a different category page that isn't loading for you? I want to make sure I can fully replicate the issue. 

Image from iOS (34).jpg

Image from iOS (35).jpg

Tra
Message 4 of 13

It is specifically the gallery page 

Theshabbyseawitch.square.site/gallery 

Message 5 of 13
Admin

I've had another look and check using both Safari and Chrome browsers on an iPhone, but the images are coming up for me. If I scroll too quickly it does take a while to load, but if I scroll back up and scroll down slowly, all the images are loading.

Image from iOS (37).jpg

Image from iOS (36).jpg

Can you let me know the exact version of your web browser (you can find out by clicking here) and if possible, a video of what happen when you try to view the gallery page on mobile?

Tra
Message 6 of 13

Ahh thats interesting my browser is Chrome 79 on Linux

Not sure how to do a video but basically when I go to the gallery link I get a blank page no matter how quick I scroll or leave the page to load

Message 7 of 13

@tranguyen 

thanks so much for all your help BTW!

I think I have narrowed down the issue

if I use the chrome or Firefox app the gallery loads

if I use the 'Samsung Internet' app it doesn't. I have tried clearing the cache and it still doesn't work

Message 8 of 13
Super Seller

Image from iOS (35).jpg

I can't help with the issue at all @ShabbySeawitch - just wanted to say that your monsters are especially awesome! 

Have bookmarked your site to go through with the kids later as love the Halloween stuff 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 9 of 13

@Sam_400º Aww thanks! Just getting started with all this stuff so its lovely to have positive feedback 

Message 10 of 13
Super Seller

Just placed my order my two kids 👍🏻

Have you thought of having a free text modifier so people can enter the fabric type for each item? 

Then they type in the fabric they want & it attaches to the order as I found there's no comments section for you at checkout either so just replied to the email. 

Something like this:
Screenshot 2020-10-11 at 15.39.54.png

Sam

Pizza Is Chill

Message 11 of 13

@Sam_400º

Ooh thanks! I didn't know that was an option I will try and get that set up!

Thanks so much, for the order and the suggestion! What a lovely community this is

Message 12 of 13
Admin

I'm glad to hear the issue is sorted @ShabbySeawitch! From looking on my end it looks like the Samsung Internet app isn't one of our supported browsers so it can caused issue when loading the page. If possible, we definitely recommend using Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

And I seconded @Sam_400º point - your monsters all look amazing! 

Tra
Message 13 of 13