x

Getting errors when importing item template

Getting the following error below...the problem is that we have a base product called A and each A has a variation of 1,2,3 or 4. Each of these variations are very different so the description reflects this. What gives?  Not sure how to fix this.

"An item and its variations must have the same description. Update the descriptions for the following rows: [12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19]."

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @BigDawg

Welcome back to the Community. Are you making any changes to the template before you try to uploading back into you Item Library? 

Or could you give some insight on how you're importing the template? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

I made no changes to the title blocks etc...just filled in the fields. I even tried as a converted CSV...it keeps telling me the descriptions have to be the same...how can you have the same description for things that are different style, color, size etc? I am really stuck and there isnt a help desk/chat line etc to call...I might have to bail on this product.

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

@BigDawg

Ah I see. There is a direct line to our CS Team, if you'd like to work with them directly. The number is [Redacted] and you can use this link to get your Customer Code. They are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm CST. 

I would recommend having them take a looksee on the error you're experiencing when trying to import that spreadsheet back in. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

Did you ever get a response to your error message "An item and its variations must have the same description. Update the descriptions for the following rows:"

I'm having the same problem and have never had this before.

Message 5 of 5