x

Ghost typing, Interference somehow

Good Evening.

We started having problems with our system a few weeks ago.

The issues fade in and out, but mostly in.

If you press an item or button on the ipad, it will often record it as being pressed in another area.  So if you were trying to "Clear all new items", that button would not push, but rather the button in another area of the screen.

Thinking it was the ipad or the stand, we replaced them both (two times actually) and all three systems do it.

I dont know if it is some type of interference with another device, or our electricity. (I have plugged it into 4 different outlets in different parts of the business and it does the same thing.

Any thoughts?

It is driving the staff and i crazy.

Thanks

John

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @pyropizza, that sounds really strange! 

If you've already replaced your iPads it does sound something at your location is causing this. Where do you keep the iPads? Is your location very hot and humid? Do you have a screen protector on the iPads? I know my iPhone screen becomes sluggish and unresponsive at high humidity. 

Have you tried taking an iPad home or on a different network? 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

In personal use with iPhones and iPads I’ve gotten this because of constant small imperceptible powers surges, whether it’s from the chargers or cables or just the power in my building or outlet. 

Other times it’s from oil on the screen, so I keep a microfiber cloth by my devices to wipe down. 

Hope you fine find the cause & a solution!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 3 of 4

My iPhone was once in ghost touching. I tried rebooting my iPhone, cleaning iPhone screen and removing protectors. But finally I used TunesKit iOS System Recovery to fix the ghost touching screen issue.

Message 4 of 4