x

GoDaddy Domain - Business Not Found

I setup my square online store to use my custom domain from GoDaddy. I have my online store set to use custom domain: www.julesjewelsclothing.com. Then, on GoDaddy I setup the following DNS entry:

Type: CNAME

Name: www

Value: store.squareup.com

TTL: 1 hour

I did this on Sunday, February 11th and it shows this message when I go to http://www.julesjewelsclothing.com/:

Business Not Found

Also, when I go to my Square store url (https://squareup.com/store/julesjewelsclothing), it says "We're sorry, but something went wrong." 

What am I doing wrong?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Alumni

Hey @brju2013!

I may not be able to help resolve your issue without being able to see how your account is set up on our end as I have limited access to that information. However, what I can tell you is that you want to make sure that you're following the instructions based on whether you have a Naked Domain or Subdomain.

Since you listed your site as having a "www." in front, you would need to make sure that you're following the Subdomain settings within your DNS records. After, you would need to make sure your Online Store settings reflect the correct URL with "www." present like so:

If you add the "www." and there is an error message once you press Test URL, I say give our team a call since they're able to take a look at your account settings. From there, they should be able to walk you through how to make sure everything is properly set up. 

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 9

I called Square support and they were NOT helpful. They said it was GoDaddy's problem. I contacted GoDaddy and they said it's Square's issue. I am extremely frustrated. It has not worked for almost a week now. I changed settings as follows and still having the issue:

A: 74.122.189.137

A: 74.122.190.86

I also have www 301 redirected to the naked url (so www.julesjewelsclothing.com is redirected to julesjewelsclothing.com). 

I have never had so much trouble getting something to work! When I tried Shopify, I had ZERO issues!

Message 3 of 9
Alumni

Sorry that you keep running in circles! I've flagged your post with Support to see if they can file a case with an engineer to take a closer look into it for you. They'll follow up via email so keep an eye out on your inbox!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 9

It is now approaching two weeks without a resolution. It's getting a bit ridiculous. Support said they would have API team look into it. That was Sunday.

Message 5 of 9

I created a second location, and the online store worked. However, I copied all items to the new location and then the online store said "We're sorry, but something went wrong". So, one or more of my items is causing the issue and I have no idea which item(s). 

Message 6 of 9
Admin

@brju2013 I'm really sorry for the delay! I've just shared your post with the Support team member who is working on this for you, thank you for letting us know what you're trying and the error message your seeing. That's very helpful! We'll continue to investigate this and escalate this to our engineering team as needed.

Keep an eye out for an update over email and thank you again for your patience. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 9

I fixed it by deleting all items and re-creating them one-by-one. Not an ideal solution, but it was definitely one or more of my items and I honestly have no idea which one(s) it was. Hopefully they can figure out what was going on!

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Thanks again for working with our team on this. We'll continue to investigate!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 9 of 9