x

HOW to synchronize etsy shop and square?

I have tried to synchronize. However, it keeps failing. What can I do?

Message 1 of 43
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: HOW to synchronize etsy shop and square?

Have you tried disconnecting your Etsy shop from your Square account, then syncing, @NataliaDDs?

Etsy's Help page says that you can disconnect by heading to the Square Sales Channel page and selecting disconnect my shop from Square near the bottom of the page. You may want to refresh your page or save here, if that's an option.

Next, you would sync by choosing Sync your Listings near the top of the same page.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you can review the steps with these support pages.

Etsy Support page

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000905467-Etsy-and-Square?segment=selling

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6399-etsy-and-square

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

I have an Etsy Shop. I use Square when I sell at events. I plan to attend an event in November. I have tried many times to synch my shop to Square. (last successful synch was February 2021). The error message says Synch "failed. Try again later". But it never works. What can I do? TIA.

Message 22 of 43
Alumni

Sorry to hear about the ongoing troubles @rosiethequilter!

Have you tried disconnecting your Etsy shop from your Square account, then syncing your listings?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 43

Why are the same erroneous answers being parroted here?

SYNCING DOES NOT WORK. UNLINKING AND RE-LINKING SQUARE ACCOUNT TO ETSY DOES NOT WORK.

This has been an issue since January 2021, please just fix the problem and stop giving out bad information!!

Message 24 of 43

Hello, CelestialSister 

did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue. I agree with what you said: 

SYNCING DOES NOT WORK. UNLINKING AND RE-LINKING SQUARE ACCOUNT TO ETSY DOES NOT WORK.

What can I do, please help! 

Thank you kindly!
Kristin 

Ellie Stories  shop on Etsy for hand stamped necklaces and key chains

Message 25 of 43

Hi Kristin!

No, this issue still remains unresolved. I have been having the same problem since January 2021. Square does not care Etsy does not care. Seeking a new platform and payment processing system ASAP.

Message 26 of 43

Hello, 

I am in! I stopped going to Etsy's site and downloaded the square app. As soon as I logged in, all my Etsy listings where there! Yay! Let me know if that worked for you!

Message 27 of 43

I have had the Square app since November 2020; it stopped syncing in January 2021, and hasn't synced since. 😞

Message 28 of 43

Omg. I just logged into my Square app and all my Etsy items were there.  I wonder if I sell from this app if they are actually now linked and will show up?..

Message 29 of 43

Hello, 

I am in! I stopped going to Etsy and downloaded the square app. As soon as I logged in, all my listings where there! Yay! 

Message 30 of 43

If one more person suggests disconnecting the accounts and reconnecting I'm gonna throw up... That is very clearly not the solution. I added products and when I tried to sync the image and title came across without the stock level.

Message 31 of 43
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @JethroHiggins

It sounds like you have been in touch with both side of Support for this integration. Besides disconnecting the accounts, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried to help with the stock level? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 32 of 43

Replied to topic.

Message 33 of 43

All is synced.  Kept getting it did not, but it did. Today I deactivated my one location.  Did the sync from Etsy and it said synced. 

Message 34 of 43

I am having the same error message and I have been trying to get this fixed going on 2 years now. No one from Etsy or Square seems to know a work around to fix the issue. I even tried googling an answer and there is not one. They should provide this option if it doesn't work. Poor creation, poor partnership, poor syncing, poor software or integration issues, poor customer service and more on both Etsy and Square sides. I will stop using square on my Etsy and just make sure I do not sell the same items in person. Makes having a business very hard to work with. I will be looking for another integration to work with and possible be getting off Etsy soon. Neither platforms seem to care about their customers . 

I have tried everything from unlinking-relinking, clearing cache and all history. Whoever said to disconnect square then sync, you cannot sync unless you are connected. I have unconnected, cleared, saved, in multi ways and nothing works. Terrible integration. Terrible customer service and no resolution. 

Message 35 of 43

The issue is absolutley Etsy and not Square. Square has clear documentation on how to map data to their system and Etsy's script sends the data to the wrong fields. It's actually pretty simple to fix they just don't care. Etsy has a lot of buggy things like the "scan form" never shows more than one order even if you just processed 10. You think they would gold plate their service if they are charging you 10% of your money everytime you make a sale, but no. I'm pretty done here. See you on Shopify...

Message 36 of 43

I thought I said this has been resolved.  Just synced.  Last year removed the second shop from Square.  All is fine. 

Message 37 of 43

How did you get it to sync? Mine still won’t 😞

Message 38 of 43

In order to get mine to sync, I need to have two tabs open in my browser.  One with Square and logged into my square account, and then the other with Etsy.  It will sync if I do that.

Message 39 of 43

I tried this and it's still not working for me.

Message 40 of 43

Hello @rosiethequilter I am sorry for the delayed reply, and hate to hear you are having issues with your Etsy integration. For all support inquiries you do need to speak with their support team, have you been able to do that? If they are saying the issue on our end we would need the ticket number and the reason why it is on Square's end. I hope this has been resolved, but if not please contact Etsy support. If you need anything else though please let me know. I am happy to help in any way I can! 

Message 41 of 43

Hey @GlamGlow I am sorry you are having issues as well with your integration. Please see my reply above to 
rosiethequilter. Although Square provides the integration all support issues need to go through Etsy's support team first. If the issue is on our end we will need the reason why and the ticket number. If you need anything else certainly let me know. I really appreciate you working with us to resolve this! 

Message 42 of 43