x

HOW to synchronize etsy shop and square?

I have tried to synchronize. However, it keeps failing. What can I do?

Message 1 of 43
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: HOW to synchronize etsy shop and square?

Have you tried disconnecting your Etsy shop from your Square account, then syncing, @NataliaDDs?

Etsy's Help page says that you can disconnect by heading to the Square Sales Channel page and selecting disconnect my shop from Square near the bottom of the page. You may want to refresh your page or save here, if that's an option.

Next, you would sync by choosing Sync your Listings near the top of the same page.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you can review the steps with these support pages.

Etsy Support page

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000905467-Etsy-and-Square?segment=selling

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6399-etsy-and-square

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Best Answer

HI, you can review the steps with these support pages.

Etsy Support page

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000905467-Etsy-and-Square?segment=selling

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6399-etsy-and-square

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 43

Since you asked, THIS DID NOT WORK! I would not propose this "answer" again for this problem. I am not the only one who has had this error message. My problem continues. If this is not fixed, can I still use square to process my sales and connect them to my Etsy shop?

Message 3 of 43
Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear this is not working for you. Can you try disconnecting, then reconnecting from a different browser in private or incognito mode? 

Message 4 of 43

I have been having trouble for months.  It is now October and still no luck.  Etsy tells me the same thing.  Please fix this.  Margery

Message 5 of 43

I tried both links, but neither is allowing me to sync my Etsy listings. Not my Android phone, nor my home PC. Please help!

Heidi D Morrell
Message 6 of 43
Square Community Moderator

I would suggest reaching out to Etsy on this matter @MidwestCottageU.

Start from there and if they believe something is wrong with the Square side please make sure they provide you with a ticket number and the reason they believe something is not working correctly on our end.

I will keep an eye out for your reply. 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 43

I have been back and forth between both Etsy and Square. I still am unable to sync my listings. I went through this last year, and finally uninstalled Square. I am just about to the point where I may need to do that again. Nevertheless, I would like very much to be able to take payments in-person and expand my abilities to sell more than just online.

Heidi D Morrell
Message 8 of 43

I had the same issues and etsy nor square support could help.  I find now that if I am on a computer and log into square and etsy on the same browser and then sync, it works.  If I am not actively logged into both with those browser windows open, it doesn't always work.

Message 9 of 43

I just tried that, clicking sync 3X, and it still said sync failed....

Message 10 of 43

Etsy says that it's on Square's end. They're no help. I've disconnected and reconnected on my phone and my computer. On my computer, I've tried it with at least 3 different browsers. Nothing is working. I haven't been able to sync my Etsy listings for almost a year. I'm getting beyond annoyed.

Message 11 of 43

You would think one or both organizations would care if their customers couldn't use their products....

Message 12 of 43
Beta Member

When you contact Etsy support they say it's a 3rd party app to contact Square.  Neither is helpful for this issue.  I have disconnected, cleared cache and cookies, reconnected, and still same issue.  I go thru this every update.either platform has. 

Message 13 of 43

I am also having issues syncing my etsy and square accounts.  I have been trying for days and I keep getting an error that says "Sync has unfortunately failed.  Try again."  I disconnected square from etsy and then reconnected and it still fails.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Message 14 of 43

I appreciate your position. The "verified answer" did not work. Square should understand that there is a problem!

Message 15 of 43
Beta Member

I am also having an issue with syncing my inventory.  It is a issue because I have created e-gift cards on square.  But if my listings cannot be synced then it wont work.  Can someone please help us figure this thing out.  I greatly appreciate the added assistance.

Message 16 of 43
Alumni

Have you tried disconnecting your Etsy shop from your Square account, then syncing, @NataliaDDs?

Etsy's Help page says that you can disconnect by heading to the Square Sales Channel page and selecting disconnect my shop from Square near the bottom of the page. You may want to refresh your page or save here, if that's an option.

Next, you would sync by choosing Sync your Listings near the top of the same page.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 43

I've done this multiple times for almost a full year, and it's NOT working!!!! If it wasn't for the fact that I need my in person sales to sync to my Etsy account and this is the ONLY reader that works for this purpose, I would be getting rid of my account. Every time I try to get help with this issue, I end up with a basic Copy/Paste answer. Not one person seems to wanna give an actual non robotic human answer as to why this issue is continuous. I'm really annoyed, and only got my Square account because Etsy forced me into it. I didn't have a good experience before, nor did I like what I had found when I studied the company in the first place as far as restrictions go because I've discovered that the company isn't fair to the Pagan community, which I'm a part of. If I'm gonna be forced to use your company as my business reader, the least you can do is make sure that this listing sync issue is fixed.

Message 18 of 43
Beta Member

I'm considering switching to another like shopify

Message 19 of 43

I have just switched from Shopify to Square, there fees are way too much!!!

Message 20 of 43
Beta Member

yes, even cleared cookies and cache, still same issue.  Etsy says to contact square, square says to contact etsy that is their issue and items sync on their side.  NO HELP FROM EITHER

Message 21 of 43