x

HOW to synchronize etsy shop and square?

I have tried to synchronize. However, it keeps failing. What can I do?

Message 1 of 18
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: HOW to synchronize etsy shop and square?

Have you tried disconnecting your Etsy shop from your Square account, then syncing, @NataliaDDs?

Etsy's Help page says that you can disconnect by heading to the Square Sales Channel page and selecting disconnect my shop from Square near the bottom of the page. You may want to refresh your page or save here, if that's an option.

Next, you would sync by choosing Sync your Listings near the top of the same page.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

HI, you can review the steps with these support pages.

Etsy Support page

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000905467-Etsy-and-Square?segment=selling

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6399-etsy-and-square

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Best Answer

HI, you can review the steps with these support pages.

Etsy Support page

https://help.etsy.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000905467-Etsy-and-Square?segment=selling

Square Support page

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6399-etsy-and-square

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18

Since you asked, THIS DID NOT WORK! I would not propose this "answer" again for this problem. I am not the only one who has had this error message. My problem continues. If this is not fixed, can I still use square to process my sales and connect them to my Etsy shop?

Message 3 of 18

Sorry to hear this is not working for you. Can you try disconnecting, then reconnecting from a different browser in private or incognito mode? 

Message 4 of 18

I have been having trouble for months.  It is now October and still no luck.  Etsy tells me the same thing.  Please fix this.  Margery

Message 5 of 18

I am also having issues syncing my etsy and square accounts.  I have been trying for days and I keep getting an error that says "Sync has unfortunately failed.  Try again."  I disconnected square from etsy and then reconnected and it still fails.  Any help would be appreciated.  

Message 6 of 18

I appreciate your position. The "verified answer" did not work. Square should understand that there is a problem!

Message 7 of 18
Beta Member

I am also having an issue with syncing my inventory.  It is a issue because I have created e-gift cards on square.  But if my listings cannot be synced then it wont work.  Can someone please help us figure this thing out.  I greatly appreciate the added assistance.

Message 8 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Have you tried disconnecting your Etsy shop from your Square account, then syncing, @NataliaDDs?

Etsy's Help page says that you can disconnect by heading to the Square Sales Channel page and selecting disconnect my shop from Square near the bottom of the page. You may want to refresh your page or save here, if that's an option.

Next, you would sync by choosing Sync your Listings near the top of the same page.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 18

I have an Etsy Shop. I use Square when I sell at events. I plan to attend an event in November. I have tried many times to synch my shop to Square. (last successful synch was February 2021). The error message says Synch "failed. Try again later". But it never works. What can I do? TIA.

Message 10 of 18

Sorry to hear about the ongoing troubles @rosiethequilter!

Have you tried disconnecting your Etsy shop from your Square account, then syncing your listings?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 18

Why are the same erroneous answers being parroted here?

SYNCING DOES NOT WORK. UNLINKING AND RE-LINKING SQUARE ACCOUNT TO ETSY DOES NOT WORK.

This has been an issue since January 2021, please just fix the problem and stop giving out bad information!!

Message 12 of 18

Hello, CelestialSister 

did this ever get resolved? I am having the same issue. I agree with what you said: 

SYNCING DOES NOT WORK. UNLINKING AND RE-LINKING SQUARE ACCOUNT TO ETSY DOES NOT WORK.

What can I do, please help! 

Thank you kindly!
Kristin 

Ellie Stories  shop on Etsy for hand stamped necklaces and key chains

Message 13 of 18

Hi Kristin!

No, this issue still remains unresolved. I have been having the same problem since January 2021. Square does not care Etsy does not care. Seeking a new platform and payment processing system ASAP.

Message 14 of 18

Hello, 

I am in! I stopped going to Etsy's site and downloaded the square app. As soon as I logged in, all my Etsy listings where there! Yay! Let me know if that worked for you!

Message 15 of 18

I have had the Square app since November 2020; it stopped syncing in January 2021, and hasn't synced since. 😞

Message 16 of 18

Omg. I just logged into my Square app and all my Etsy items were there.  I wonder if I sell from this app if they are actually now linked and will show up?..

Message 17 of 18

Hello, 

I am in! I stopped going to Etsy and downloaded the square app. As soon as I logged in, all my listings where there! Yay! 

Message 18 of 18