x
Beta Member

Has Square made changes to the Login page to disallow password managers from filling login details?

I use LastPass to ensure that I have secure passwords for all of my web logins. The last couple of days I've noticed when I want to login to squareup.com to view my dashboard, the password manager can't fill in my login details. I've spoken to LastPass and the issue isn't on their end (in fact it still works on other sites). The conclusion is something has changed on your end.

Can you help?

Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @signature_home & @the-refill-lady 

Hope you are both well, our engineers have launched a fix and your log in information should now be saving/autofilling again. 

It worked for me on Safari this morning, if you have any issues let me know and also make sure you have cleared your cache & cookies. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question โœจ

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

I have had this issue also - my phone usually auto fills my logins for websites as does Microsoft Edge - but both no longer auto fill my email and password. The sign in page does look like it has had a refresh.

@Breffni - are you able to feedback on whether this can be fixed?

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 2 of 8
Admin

Hi @the-refill-lady and @signature_home, thanks for flagging this. 

Yes, there have been some updates and redesign work done on our login pages. With this the saved login information is no longer saving/auto-populating. 

We are aware of this and our engineers are working on getting it fixed as soon as possible. 

I understand this isn't ideal. I'll let you both know here when I have an update - thanks for your patience. 

Breffni
Message 3 of 8
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @signature_home & @the-refill-lady 

Hope you are both well, our engineers have launched a fix and your log in information should now be saving/autofilling again. 

It worked for me on Safari this morning, if you have any issues let me know and also make sure you have cleared your cache & cookies. 

Breffni
Message 4 of 8
Super Seller

Thank you @Breffni all fixed and working again! ๐Ÿ™Œ๐Ÿป

Craig
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
Signature Home
Follow me on Instagram
Message 5 of 8
Beta Member

It would also be very useful to enable biometric login.

https://the-ungrateful-wench.square.site
Message 6 of 8

It looks like this issue has returned for me? just in the last week the auto-populated email and password are not accepted. I have cleared all cache and cookies to no avail. Any help would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Michael

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SMAC_AU, really sorry to hear that.

Is this issue occurring in multiple places i.e. in your browser and app or just one single place? Do you see any error messages when trying to input your email password? Apart from clearing cache and cookies, have you checked if your browser needs an update at all? Have you tried logging in on a different browser altogether?

Any additional information that you can provide will be helpful in my investigation. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8