x

Has anyone had inventory sync issues between Square and Bigcommerce?

I own a boutique and we have a store front and online store in which all of our inventory that we carry in store is also offered online. We use Square POS for retail with the barcode scanner for in store when items sell and then Square talks to bigcommerce to update our online inventory. We have been having so many issues with the syncing keeping correct track of inventory. Anyone else have this issue or what systems are you using to connect with your square?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

I'm sorry for the frustration @Simplypb

I just want to confirm that at this time item tracking is currently not supported between Square and BigCommerce. This means if you manually update your inventory in BigCommerce those changes will automatically transfer into your Square account -- but any manual updates made in your Square account will not sync in your BigCommerce account.

I hope another seller can share some tips for how they manage their inventory between Square and BigCommerce. In the meantime I'll share your post with the eCommerce teams so we can work to improve this. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Admin

Best Answer

I'm sorry for the frustration @Simplypb

I just want to confirm that at this time item tracking is currently not supported between Square and BigCommerce. This means if you manually update your inventory in BigCommerce those changes will automatically transfer into your Square account -- but any manual updates made in your Square account will not sync in your BigCommerce account.

I hope another seller can share some tips for how they manage their inventory between Square and BigCommerce. In the meantime I'll share your post with the eCommerce teams so we can work to improve this. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 11

I am having problems with this as well.  Every time I check someone out on my Square POS it deducts double the amount from my Bigcommerce inventory?? I have to go in and manually update my Bigcommerce inventory every time I make a sale in store.  Very frustrating

Message 3 of 11
Square Community Moderator

That does sound frustrating @southernrootsar

It might be worth reaching out to BigCommerce directly to see if there's any workaround that they might have that helps with this. 

Hopefully one of your fellow sellers can chime in with some helpful tips as well. 

Message 4 of 11

I'm having this exact same issue. Having been working with BigCommerce for weeks but so far, no resolution.

Message 5 of 11

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Updates to inventory and pricing not saving overnight

I am worried because I have spent a lot of time updating pictures and inventory- via the point of sale and also via the mobile appt app.  However, all the inventory updates and pictures disappear and do not save. ( though they are there before I save and clsoe the app)

Can anyone help me with this?  FYI I am linked with Big Commerce on Go daddy- so if there is an interface problem...

Message 6 of 11
Admin

@kk1117 I'm merging your post to this thread where I shared more information about syncing inventory with BigCommerce. I'm so sorry for the concern this has caused! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 7 of 11

Thanks Helen- 

Well, it was a miracle and most of the items ending up syncing. 

However, it is inconsistent.  I still have some pics that do not sync.  Also, the decriptions do not always sync.  Frustrating and I am not sure what the resolution will be

Message 8 of 11
Admin

Glad to hear most of your items synced @kk1117. If you are missing a lot of information though I suggest reaching out to BigCommerce Support to see if they can help troubleshoot. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 11

I have the exact same situation and we have been struggling for over a year with it. The sync is never working right and each time I call bigcommerce they tell me there is an open engineering ticket for the issue and I will be contacted when they find a resolution. I don't really know what to do from here because any 3rd party inventory program that works with both is super expensive, and I don't want to pay that price tag when all I want is for my store to sync with my website (which was advertised by both square and bigcommerce as being a feature). If you found any solution I would love to hear about it!
Message 10 of 11

Have been fighting this for 5 months with them and finally asked for my money back because every time I complain they tell me they are working on a new version that will be ready "this week", "this month", "end of the month", etc. all while they keep charging me. Totally getting the run around from them! Finally had to shut down my shop last week since it was so messed up! Nothing automatic about what they offer. My advice would be to find another option and start over which Im now doing. And of course no refund 🤔

Message 11 of 11