x

Has anyone had success integrating a customer display?

Good morning, I have tried everything I know to get the Square POS to work with my customer display. Both the iPad Square Register and the iPad Mini are running version 9.3.1. iOS does not allow two iOS devices to communicate via Bluetooth (both devices have Bluetooth on; but are not seeing each other). Apple recommends keeping "Handoff" turned-on so they will communicate. Obviously, this does not work either. 

I have followed all procedures on this link...still no luck.

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5492-customer-display

Any advise/direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Super Seller

I have been desperate for a customer display for so long now. I've seriously thought about switching to another mobile POS company that already has it... I could probably get a weight scale integration while I'm at it. If I thought that I could hire a developer to hack square and design me an app, I would. Then I saw that Square is finally working on it. It's disheartening to see that so many people are having issues with it. It is still in Beta though. I think I'll give it another few weeks and see if it doesn't start working better. I'm not going to buy 4 new ipads just to find that it won't work for me. 

Message 2 of 27
Admin

Hey @pjbruchs, thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot, and sorry to hear about the issues. I checked on your account and it looks like you were able to get this sorted out with our Support Team. Let us know if anything else comes up!

@LocavoreStore, thanks for sharing your experience. You're not the only one who has requested a weight scale integration. For now, I wanted to run the CAS 2000 Jr. scale by you, as other sellers have been successful using it to calculate item prices. You can then enter the price to a variable item during the sale. Thanks for your patience as we continue to improve!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 3 of 27
Super Seller

Thanks Tom. We already use computing scales, and then manually enter the price of an item. No way I would be standing there with a calculator and a dial scale. The scale integration would be a HUGE improvment... But I've been hearing the same response for years "... not the only one interested in weight scale integration." I would pay a lot of money for it.  Square could start doing a tiered pricing structure, to help curb some of the development costs of projects like that.

I am not ungreatful by any means. Square has been constantly improving its software and making its experience even better. I am sure scale intigration will come one day... But of course, not soon enough. 

Message 4 of 27
Admin

@LocavoreStore, thank you so much for taking time to share your experience and for being flexible with us. I'm going to get your insight over to our product liaison team who is tracking the scale request. Keep in touch for updates. ⚖

️ Tom | he/him
Message 5 of 27

Tom, 

Any chance that this customer display will morph into an interactive customer display where customers can choose a tip, receipt and reward redemption option?

This is the only thing keeping me from jumping back to square.

Thanks,

Brandon

Message 6 of 27
Admin

Hey @brandonleach85, welcome to the seller community and for bringing this up — would love to have you back!

Currently, we aren't able to access and share specifics on how the customer display may evolve. What I can do right now is share your needs with our Product Liaison team, who makes improvements based on seller feedback. Please keep in touch for updates and don't hesitate to reply with any other questions!

️ Tom | he/him
Message 7 of 27

Thanks for the reply Tom!

Here is a link to the information of the Interactive customer display I currently use for your internal discussions

http://revelsystems.com/ipad-pos/customer-facing-display/

Send an email out when and if you get this going, I will switch back next day!

Message 8 of 27
Admin

@brandonleach85 — thanks for taking the time to provide more details! I'll pass this along as well. We'll reach out with any updates and thank you for your patience in the meantime. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Message 9 of 27

Hi Tom,

I am having the customer display issue as well.  I have opened a ticket and it has been several months, and I still not hear solution back from Square.

I am using IPad 2 and IPad mini, and I have followed the instruction and downloaded the latest version of iOS.

Actually, I have the customer display worked for a few days, then it went away.

Can you please help take a look?

Thank you ahead.

Message 10 of 27
Square

@amymaMTH - Apologies you haven't heard back yet. I think I may understand what's going on. To get going, can you please confirm the software version of both of your iOS devices? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 11 of 27

Hi Sean,

I believe they ae both 10.2 version, but I can't confirm it until I go to the store next Monday to verify.  Thanks.

Message 12 of 27

One is 10.2 (14C92) and another one is 10.2 (14A456).

Message 13 of 27
Square

@amymaMTH - Thanks for confirming! This setup is supported. Have you already had a chance to reinstall both apps? 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 14 of 27

Yes.  I tried to follow instruction but it couldn't connect.  

Message 15 of 27
Square

Sorry to hear that, @amymaMTH. We'll probably need to look into your account with you so if you haven't already, contact our Support team directly and we'll see what else we can do.

Message 16 of 27

Hi pjbruchs,

I am having the same issue like you while setting up the customer display. I noticed Tom said you had resolved the issue with their Tech support. Would you mind share some info?  And is it working well for you?

Look forward to your reply. Many thanks.

Message 17 of 27
Admin

Hey @moolicious, wanted to check on this: are you still encountering any issues with the customer display?

If the troubleshooting tips in this article don't resolve, please contact us directly and we'll have a closer look ASAP.

️ Tom | he/him
Message 18 of 27

Hi Tom, It's finally working after one of your CS help enable the "Customer Display" from your end and i were able to connect and working fine.  However, is there any way that i can use the customer display as a signing pad? It would be extremely helpful. many thanks.

Message 19 of 27
Square

@moolicious - So glad to hear we were able to get you up and running! As for your request, that definitely sounds like it could be a useful function! While we don't currently offer that feature, I'll be sure to pass along your feedback to our product liaison team! 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 20 of 27

@moolicious Hello.. i have yet to see the customer display from square anywhere near me.. would you be willing to take a quick vid or few pics on how your set-up looks and operates..?? As an Android user.. im seriously thinking of switching to IPad..

Message 21 of 27