x

Feature Request: Allow customers to set a specific pickup day or time when ordering online

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Why is weebly not allowing selection of pick-up day

I have set up open hours in the Weebly setup. But customer interface only shows 1 day as available for pickup.

Message 1 of 172
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Setting specific pickup dates for online store?

Thanks for asking about this, @margaman1, and welcome to Seller Community. We don't have a way right now to set pickup available for specific calendar days as opposed to setting a recurring schedule for each week. I'm moving your request to a different thread so you can be easily updated about any new feature changes for scheduled pickup/delivery.

2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you have adjusted your pickup settings set properly, your customers should be able to schedule a pickup date and time after inputting their personal information, @Baking1.

When your customer is ready to checkout, they will click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, and then click the Checkout button. Once they click this button, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter in their personal information. After they've filled this out, and pressed the Next button, the Store Pickup section will expand. At the top of this section, your customers will have the chance to choose between two options:

In order for your customers to be able to schedule a pickup, they'll want to select the Schedule for later option. Once they do, as long as you have set your available pick up hours, they will see something like this:

If you're not quite where you need to be after taking a look at this, please share your online store link with us here so that we can take a look at the checkout flow - I hope this helps!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 172

Best Answer

Hi, droidbaker. I'm in sort of the same boat but maybe our workaround will get you through. 

We just launched something called 'Weekend Things" on our site which can be ordered for Saturday, Sunday or Monday (this Monday because it's a holiday) ONLY. 

There is no way to do this within the Square/ Weebly universe right now; I know this because I've posted about this many times already. The best it can do is set a "time from order" -30 minutes to 2 weeks I think- but not a specific date which would require a calendar function which it currently doesn't have. 

Our workaround was to create a forced modifier set that makes the customer choose their preferred day in order to place the order. Check out the Strawberry shortcake here:

https://order.openfacefoodshop.com/weekend-things

Unfortunately, the order confirmation will tell them it's ready whenever the setting for that items says it it's ready (30 minutes- 2 weeks) but we put obvious disclaimers on the page telling people that it's incorrect and that it will be ready when they choose.

It works most of the time but new customers still get confused and call us about the discrepancy (frustrating) but we use it as an opportunity to be nice to them and hopefully let them see the humans trying to make a new and limited system work. 

Until there is a dedicated calendar function built into the system, that's the best we've been able to come up with. Hope that gets you through until the feature is there. 

Mark

Open Face Food Shop

View Best Answer >

Message 47 of 172
171 REPLIES 171
Alumni

Best Answer

As long as you have adjusted your pickup settings set properly, your customers should be able to schedule a pickup date and time after inputting their personal information, @Baking1.

When your customer is ready to checkout, they will click the shopping cart in the top right-hand corner, and then click the Checkout button. Once they click this button, they will be taken to a page where they need to enter in their personal information. After they've filled this out, and pressed the Next button, the Store Pickup section will expand. At the top of this section, your customers will have the chance to choose between two options:

In order for your customers to be able to schedule a pickup, they'll want to select the Schedule for later option. Once they do, as long as you have set your available pick up hours, they will see something like this:

If you're not quite where you need to be after taking a look at this, please share your online store link with us here so that we can take a look at the checkout flow - I hope this helps!

Valentina
Message 2 of 172

I'd like to expand on this, please. 

I don't want the customer to choose when they want to pick up, I want to tell them when they CAN pickup. 

https://order.openfacefoodshop.com

The problem is this:

We are both open as a restaurant daily and selling boxes of farmers marked produce for pickup on either Wednesday or Sunday only (that's when we go to the big markets). people that want lunch want it ASAP, people that want produce can only get it when it's ready 2 days a week.

I know we can set ready for pickup per item, but only a given time from when you order. this works fine for lunch (order is ready in 1/2 hour regardless when you order) but not for the other things which are now a substantial part of our business.

For instance: if you want a box for Wednesday and you order on Monday, it's ready in 2 days, if you order on Tuesday, it's ready in 1 day, if you order on Wednesday its ready in 3 hours, etc. 

We have tried inserting disclaimers and explanations for people to disregard the message they get in the cart because it's inaccurate, but they still show up at odd times and we have to scramble. Right now we made separate items for both days and we have to come in every day and change the availability of each item to reflect accurately when they can get their order. If we miss something, people get confused and sometimes angry. Not good.

How can we set it up that if someone orders for Wednesday, their shopping cart says 'Your order will be ready on Wednesday'? If there is a calendar function that's a good enough work around because then we only have to set it once a week, not every morning. We have enough on our plate already...

Thanks. 

Message 3 of 172
Square Community Moderator

@OFFSMark thank you so much for elaborating. It really helps us understand how and why a feature request would be beneficial to our sellers. Unfortunately, at this time we still do not have a timeline for when this feature will be released. 

I will be sure to push this feedback up and will merge any good workarounds I find into this thread for both you and @Baking1

AshleyK
Message 4 of 172

I also would like to see a feature where the seller can state clearly a specific pickup date, like Sunday, November 8, 2020 from 9a-12n.

We are taking orders for custom items that take 4-6 weeks to create.  We would like to host one specific pickup date for all orders received.

Currently, Weebly only displays four weeks at a time. We need to be able to hide all the Sundays up to the date of delivery.  (Or at least be able to show a Sunday, six weeks out.)

Also, please advise how we are notified if our "feature" is created or updated. Is there a "new features page?

Thanks!

Message 5 of 172

@ATX-CDA whenever a new feature is released we will often post the update in the feature request thread and will create a new, announcement thread for our sellers to notice. 

Thanks so much for taking the time to share on this as well. I know it's a popular feature request and I will continue to push the feedback forward.

AshleyK
Message 6 of 172

PLEASE figure out how we can set up specific pickup days/times.  We are a restaurant accepting takeout orders during all open hours, but we also offer a weekly dinner kit that can ONLY be picked up on Fridays between 4 & 6pm.  We need customers to be able to order dinner kits any time, and clearly understand when to pick up.  So far we've been unable to figure out how to do this, and it causes lots of scrambling and confusion for staff & customers.  We plan to have more single-day pickup items soon, so this would be extremely helpful to fix.  

Is there a workaround you can suggest in the meantime?  

Thanks

Message 7 of 172

Did they ever figure this out?? 2-3 years later....

Message 8 of 172

Hi @flourspastabake - I see this is your first post in the Seller Community so I'd like to officially welcome you! 🎉👏

You can edit your pickup availability from your Online Store Dashboard. From the Overview page, select Fulfillment on the left and then Pickup & Delivery. From here, click Edit next to the location. You can select the "Buyers see a window with my pickup hours" option and set up your pickup times.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 9 of 172
Beta Member

I'm having basically the same issue. 

I want to pick-up catering and cake orders, but they need to be made at LEAST 24h in advance, the problem I'm having is that the customer can't choose the hours he wants to pick-up the order. If they make the order before the cut time, the order automatically is sent to the FIRST time on the next day (8:30am) for example. I want them to be able to choose the specific time on the next day, is that possible? If they could place orders with more days in advance other than 24h would be terrific as well.

I'm sad to see that in 3 years almost no improvements were made, considering we had a pandemic and a lot of people started ordering online. 

Message 10 of 172
Square

Hi @BBCafe1 - yes, we support that model quite well and have done so for ~2 years. The issue is that your setting for "Do you want to let customers schedule pickup orders for future days" was toggled off. I've turned that on for you.

I also notice you've configured a 15 minute prep time for your location. For any items that require a longer prep time, go into the prep time settings in the item in the Square Item Library (not the online items section) and set a 1+ day lead time (and optionally set a cutoff time)

Hope that helps.

Message 11 of 172
Beta Member

I will explore this, because I toggle off the "let customers schedule pick-up orders for future" because clients were choosing the wrong day all the time for regular orders. I will test out the solution you provided and give you feedback here, thanks a lot for the answer!

Best regards!

Message 12 of 172

This is a great question. I am needing the something of the same sort and we are hoping they can get this thing together real soon. 

Message 13 of 172

We also need this feature! We would like to block out certain dates that orders can not be delivered during our off season when we close. But we would like our customers to be able to book the dates when we return. Closing the online store results in lots of phone calls and emails about why they can't order online. Help!

Message 14 of 172

@OFFSMark, we have this EXACT same need and issue for our farm boxes.  If you have figured out a work-around, would you please share?  We're still struggling.

Message 15 of 172

I want to add more pick up dates to my site but when testing it, it always defaults to the first day of the week that is selected as a business day. For example if it is Tuesday and my customer wants to pick up Saturday but the first available date is Wednesday how can they change the curbside pick up date from what automatically comes up (Wednesday) to pick up on Saturday. 

Message 16 of 172
Alumni

I moved your post to this thread where I described the steps you'll take to allow customers to place pickup orders for a specific date and time, @TwistCupcakery.

This should get you to a good place, but let us know if questions come up!

Valentina
Message 17 of 172

I am using square for a virtual backpack giveaway.  I have designated Tuesday and Thursday as pick-up days but it doesn't start until Tuesday.  How can I set a specific start date?

Message 18 of 172
Admin

@bldouglas Valentina's answer just above goes through how to set this up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 19 of 172

Hi. Tried the "schedule for later" option but on mobile but only date options it gives me is Oct 14 to Nov 14th (event is Nov 21!) and on laptop message says "no available times on this date"! There doesn't appear to be a calendar icon like the one in your answer in neither devices :(( Need customer to pick between the 2 dates of our event and the times we'll be open. Plz help!

Message 20 of 172

Hi there, @stdem - thanks for reaching out and flagging this over to us! We are here to help.

Quick clarifying question, what kind of device are you currently using to make edits?

Joe
Message 21 of 172