x

How can I edit customer email notifications for Square Appointments?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Editing email communication with clients in appointments

I'm trying to edit my automated email reminders to clients in appointments but the link in "Email Notification Customization" goes to my general email communication with Square in "Account & Settings." Am I missing something?

Message 1 of 17
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @aliceboydfk, sounds like you're a bit turned around - don't worry, we'll get this all straightened out! You'll start by heading over to your Appointments Dashboard, then follow these steps to edit your Square Appointments email notifications:

1. Click Settings in your left-hand sidebar, then select Communications.
  2. Scroll just a tad to see the Email Notification Customization section.
  3. Select a specific notification title to customize the verbiage, and don't forget to save your changes by clicking the blue save button in the bottom right-hand corner!
Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 17
Alumni

Best Answer

It seems like you've found the section where you are able to edit your email notifications; I'm really glad to hear that, @aliceboydfk🎉 In case someone else stumbles upon this thread looking for answers, I'll go ahead and add a screenshot of the Email Notification Customization section here for added clarity:

Clicking any of the email notification titles on the left-hand side will prompt a text box to open up on the right-hand side. Once this text box is visible, you will also be able to scroll and see the different variables available to use within your notification emails.

(IE. {business.name}, {client.email}, {staff.display_name}, etc.)

Since you'd like to add a note for your clients about cancellations, scroll through the email notification titles until you reach the Appointment Cancellations section - you'll most likely want to edit Business Cancelled Appointment. Please let us know if you have any questions about this!

Valentina

View Best Answer >

Message 6 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Alumni

Best Answer

Hi @aliceboydfk, sounds like you're a bit turned around - don't worry, we'll get this all straightened out! You'll start by heading over to your Appointments Dashboard, then follow these steps to edit your Square Appointments email notifications:

1. Click Settings in your left-hand sidebar, then select Communications.
  2. Scroll just a tad to see the Email Notification Customization section.
  3. Select a specific notification title to customize the verbiage, and don't forget to save your changes by clicking the blue save button in the bottom right-hand corner!
Valentina
Message 2 of 17

Nope, I'm not "turned around." 

When I click the link "here" in this section:

Email Notification Customization

Use this section to customize the optional message in the email notifications that are sent to your clients. Use bracketed variables to include dynamically generated information. Text message notifications cannot be customized. Emails are sent in the language of your business, which you can change here.

it takes me to my general communication with Square. Very frustrating. I'd like to add a note to my clients about cancelations due to coronavirus concerns...
Message 3 of 17

So yes, I'm in Appointments and the section you noted.

Message 4 of 17

OH, wait: now I see the "language of my business" part... Hmmm. I was confused - sorry. I'll keep working on it. Thank you.

Message 5 of 17
Alumni

Best Answer

It seems like you've found the section where you are able to edit your email notifications; I'm really glad to hear that, @aliceboydfk🎉 In case someone else stumbles upon this thread looking for answers, I'll go ahead and add a screenshot of the Email Notification Customization section here for added clarity:

Clicking any of the email notification titles on the left-hand side will prompt a text box to open up on the right-hand side. Once this text box is visible, you will also be able to scroll and see the different variables available to use within your notification emails.

(IE. {business.name}, {client.email}, {staff.display_name}, etc.)

Since you'd like to add a note for your clients about cancellations, scroll through the email notification titles until you reach the Appointment Cancellations section - you'll most likely want to edit Business Cancelled Appointment. Please let us know if you have any questions about this!

Valentina
Message 6 of 17

I have a similar situation. But also, I would like to add a link (url) in the body of my custom text. The link url directs customers to fill out a Health Declaration form re: Covid19. How can I do that? 

Thank you much in advance for your prompt response. 

Message 7 of 17
Admin

Hey @narcissesspa-

Are you referring to creating a hyperlink that will appear on your booking site? Let me know! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 8 of 17

Hey - did you ever manage to work out how to do this? I'm looking to include a link to a client questionnaire when clients book an appointment!

Thanks,

Sammi 

Message 9 of 17

Did you ever receive a response to this? This is what I'm trying to do.

In the "Reminder" email that goes to someone with an appointment, I want to link to an outside waiver. Is that possible?

Message 10 of 17

I am not finding the area to change the actual script of the text message. Can someone help?

Message 11 of 17
Beta Member

Can these variables be used in some logic?  Like if business.name = something then one message, if it is a different name, then a different message? I have 2 locations, and I want the message to change based on the location.  

Message 12 of 17

hello,

I have done this step and saved my changes with the save button in the bottom right but my customers still do not receive the custom email? How do I fix this? Thank you

Message 13 of 17

I saw that I could fix the verbiage of my email communications but when I made a test appointment for myself none of the verbiage was there except the link I put in it. Is there something I am doing wrong or not understanding? 

TYIA

Message 14 of 17
Admin

Hey @hwla!

If you've followed these instructions - and it's still not working, please give our Support Team a call. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 15 of 17

Hi Im a hairstylist and I use square appointments and was wondering if the was a way to customize the message that clients see when they book.

Thanks 

Nicole

Message 16 of 17
Alumni

HI there, and welcome to the Seller Community, @Nicolehenry4 👋

I've moved your post over to this thread where someone else asked about this, and I provided some visuals with instructions. I hope this helps, but please let me know if this isn't what you were looking for 

Valentina
Message 17 of 17