x
Beta Member

How can I update the email address associated with my Square Online website and reports?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Updating Email in Online Store

We updated our email address in Square but our Weebly email address is still an old, outdated email. This is causing a problem because when we export Order information it goes to this old email address and the person who manages that email has to forward the report. How do we update the email address associated with our account in Weebly?

Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I wanted to drop into this thread with the steps you can take to edit the email address receiving updates related to your Square Online website. You'll start by logging out of Square completely. Next, click here to head to the Weebly login page, and choose the option to Log in with Square:

Use the new email address to login - this should sync your accounts while updating the email address. 

If this doesn't get you where you need to be, please get in touch directly. Our team may need to manually edit the email address. Remember that we will need to speak with the owner of the Square account in order to make a change like this. To reach out, log into your Square account and head to this page to give us a call.

Calling will be the fastest way to reach a resolution, so please do not send an email if you need a quick fix!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 44 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ZDeli,

You'll need to update your email address in your Online Store settings as well.

Once you navigate to the Online Store tab on the Dashboard- you can select > Settings General to edit your profile from there.

You can also go to > Store Emails under Settings as well to edit the way the emails look to your customers for the online store. 

Ashley C
Message 2 of 60
Beta Member

The email address is updated in the General Settings area but it has the old email address in the Sender Information. It won't allow me to update that email address. I added a new profile. 

This doesn't seem to correct the issue of the reports being exported to the old email address though since in the Online Store profile it is the new email address.

Message 3 of 60
Beta Member

I will add that if I look under Account Settings it is the old email address but I don't see a way to change the email address here.

Message 4 of 60

@ZDeli I think you're still looking in Square's Account & Settings and not under Weebly's settings from the Online Store tab.

Follow the directions I listed above step by step and it'll take you there.

There's an option to edit the profile at the top right once you get to the page I listed above. I tested it on my own too. 

Ashley C
Message 5 of 60
Beta Member

I am looking on the weebly page.

The first photo is what I see when I go to Settings > General. The email listed there is correct. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.30.47 PM.png

I just updated our sender profile to be the correct address, so this is correct.:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.32.58 PM.png

I cannot update this profile, with the old email address:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.34.26 PM.png

And in this view it is the old email email address and I have no clue how to update this email address:

Screen Shot 2020-05-01 at 1.35.01 PM.png

Message 6 of 60

@ZDeli What happens when you hit edit on the right there with the second to last picture?

Sorry for asking so many questions. I want to make sure I'm not missing something. 

Ashley C
Message 7 of 60
Beta Member

I see this, but with no option to edit.

Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 7.55.18 PM.png

I feel like the larger issue is that I can't update the information that is seen in the final image in my previous post.

Message 8 of 60

@ZDeli I reached out to Weebly and they said the order confirmation email will be sent to the email on file for the Weebly account.

This will be greyed out under Account > Manage Profile and you'll need to email Weebly from their Support Center to have this changed for you.

Once you do- please let me know so I can pass your ticket along to someone!

Ashley C
Message 9 of 60
Beta Member

Thank you!

What a process. I will email weebly now.

Message 10 of 60

Hi everyone. I want the notifications I get when I sell something in my online store to go to a different email address. I tried just changing my square account email, but that didn't work. I looked in the email notifications page, but there isn't an option there to change transaction emails. 

My online store is through Weebly, but I can't figure out how to do it over there, either. 

Thanks! 

Message 11 of 60
Beta Member

I am having a similar issue. I've tried reaching out to weebly directly but it has been crickets. Very frustrating!

Message 12 of 60
Admin

@NerdDawgs @ZDeli Sorry you've been waiting for a reply!

You can change the email that gets those notifications through your Square Dashboard. Take a look there and let us know if you're still having trouble!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 13 of 60

I've changed my email address EVERYWHERE I can find to do so on the square dashboard etc. but when I click into Weebly setup through my square dashboard and click to my account settings it still shows my old one and no button to change it. I click manage account and there is still no button to change it. How do I change it?

molly dashboard weebly.jpgweebly 2.jpg 

Message 14 of 60

Hi @SimoniM,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller asked the same question and I answered it.

Check out my answer above for more details. 

Ashley C
Message 15 of 60

Great but how do we get a hold of Weebly via email or chat? I keep searching through the help section and there is no contact information anywhere. This is ridiculous. They just need to have an edit button in account settings so you can change it. 

Message 16 of 60

Did you ever figure out how to do this? I have the same problem.

Message 17 of 60
Beta Member

Hi!

I think I ended up having to email someone at Weebly to do this. I submitted a request and then got an email from this address and they helped me:

eebly@help-messaging.squareup.com

Message 18 of 60
Beta Member

We have changed the name of our business and updated in Square but Weebly is not updating and on the top of our digital receipt there is the old name.  I've changed the location and business name in Square, but in Weebly it just says go to square to change it.  What do I do? 

Message 19 of 60

Hey @JRUE,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

You'll need to reach out to Weebly directly to update this. You can reach their Support Center from their page here or reach out to them on Twitter if you have one for the fastest help. 

Ashley C
Message 20 of 60

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Online Orders - email notifications

Hello! Am I the only one that is unable to receive online order email notifications?  When customers go to my store and place an order, I will receive an email stating that I received a payment, but I never receive the email stating what was ordered or where it needs to ship.  In Settings/Email Notifications, I  checked the "Online Store Order" checkbox but still do not receive any email notifications.

I contacted Square, then Weebly, then HostGator but no success.  Please let me know if you have any advice for me?

image.png

Thanks!

Message 21 of 60