x
Beta Member

How can I update the email address associated with my Square Online website and reports?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Updating Email in Online Store

We updated our email address in Square but our Weebly email address is still an old, outdated email. This is causing a problem because when we export Order information it goes to this old email address and the person who manages that email has to forward the report. How do we update the email address associated with our account in Weebly?

Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I wanted to drop into this thread with the steps you can take to edit the email address receiving updates related to your Square Online website. You'll start by logging out of Square completely. Next, click here to head to the Weebly login page, and choose the option to Log in with Square:

Use the new email address to login - this should sync your accounts while updating the email address. 

If this doesn't get you where you need to be, please get in touch directly. Our team may need to manually edit the email address. Remember that we will need to speak with the owner of the Square account in order to make a change like this. To reach out, log into your Square account and head to this page to give us a call.

Calling will be the fastest way to reach a resolution, so please do not send an email if you need a quick fix!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 44 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Square Community Moderator

@TCBMpls have you changed the email address on your Square Account at all? Emails from Square Online Store should be going through no matter what, so if you've changed the email address from your Square account at all, the emails may be going to your old Square Online Store email instead. 

Also, have you checked your spam folders at all?

AshleyK
Message 22 of 60

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Order Notifications Sent to wrong email address

Hello - I just ran a test order on my website to make sure everything looks/works ok.

Everything is ok, except that the New Order Notification email is being sent to the wrong email address.

I've changed it on Square and on the Weebly website builder, in every spot that I can think of. But it's still going to the wrong spot. What am I missing?

Message 23 of 60
Alumni

We can give you a hand with this, @doorcogarlic!

When you have a moment, please send a private message my way here letting me know which email address you'd like to be associated with your order notification emails. Talk to you soon 😊

Valentina
Message 24 of 60

Thank you! I just sent you a private message.

Message 25 of 60

Hi @doorcogarlic I just wanted to let you know that we were able to successfully update your email address. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thanks! 

Message 26 of 60

I have this same problem. When you change your email address is still does not send your order details to your email. It's annoying. You may have to create another account in order for it to send your order confirmation. I am tired of having to log in every time I get an order. I've never had this problem with PayPal. PayPal sends you  the entire order information. This is an inconvenience!

Message 27 of 60
Alumni

This doesn't sound right!

Our Customer Success team would be able to look into this. They can determine why you aren't receiving these notifications to your updated email address, and ensure that these notifications go to the correct email address from this point on.

If you haven't already, please reach out directly by logging into your account and heading here.

Valentina
Message 28 of 60

I am having the same issue! I had several orders from my website today and received the notification regarding payment, but the order information was sent to a previous email address. I looked everywhere on my account and could not find any reference to my old email address. How can I get this fixed?

Message 29 of 60

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How to change your inventory e-mail?

Hi,

I updated my e-mail address on square a few months ago, but for some reason it hasn't updated under inventory. All alerts and notifications go to my new address, however when someone purchases an item online the notifications for a new order still goes to my old e-mail. And I can't find any options to change that in the items library. Has anyone else had this problem and can you help me?

Message 30 of 60
Alumni

I've moved your post over to this thread where others experienced the same thing, @Jessibow. Our Customer Success team can give you a hand with this - when you have a moment, please get in touch using the link above!

Valentina
Message 31 of 60

This is a two part question.

Several months ago I updated my account email for square to kendall@planeandsimplellc.com. This is reflected in Account Settings under the main Dashboart. When I click on "Online" and then in the top right, click on Plane & Simple then go to account settings there, it is registered as my old email, kendall@plane-and-simple.com. I then click on "To change your email, go to square" which takes me to squareupstaging.com, but never will load. It times out. How can I change this email?

Secondly, I receive copies of order receipts that are sent to my customers. I don't want to receive copies of their receipts. How do I turn this off? I would still like to be notified of new online orders, but have no need to receive a duplicate email of the one sent to a customer as an order confirmation. The email even says "You just received an order! This is a copy of the email that your customer received."

Message 32 of 60

Hey there, @keduncan3 

Thank you for reaching out in the Community! 

To get your email changed under the Online Store, you will need to reach out to Weebly directly to change it internally. https://www.weebly.com/contact

As for the emails you're receiving - right now there isn't a way to turn that off. I can recommend creating a filter for those emails within your provider to make go into a separate folder. 

Kassi
Message 33 of 60
Super Seller

When a customer places an order on my website I don't get the notification email.  It is being sent to an old email address that we no longer use.  I have changed it everywhere that I can find. Under the EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS and also ACCOUNT & SETTINGS pages it is correct. Have also reviewed all the settings under ONLINE and so far all is set up correctly.  What am I missing?

Message 34 of 60
Admin

Thanks for posting about this, @CactusQuilter. There isn't a way to change this yourself right now, so you'll need to contact support and let them know you want to change the email address used with your online store.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 35 of 60

Hello, all emails with order notifications are being delivered to my old email address, even though I already updated my email on my account settings on Square.

I’ve contacted support but nothing has been done yet.

Any help?

Thanks!

Message 36 of 60

Same problem! Also the order download spreadsheets and customer replies to marketing emails. It seems like everything from the Weebly side of operations goes to the old email, even though I changed it months ago.

Message 37 of 60

You see... I reached out to Weebly and the rep told she had escalated my issue to Square support. Haven’t’ heard back from them. This is really annoying as the emails are going to a personal account, not my business account. Hello Square?! Anybody there? Thanks!

Message 38 of 60
Admin

Hi @codmother- are you saying that the emails our support team is sending you are going to the wrong email address? If that's the case we might need to help you get your email changed.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 39 of 60

I updated my email address in square and weebly.  The issue is the weebly account still shows the old email and order notifications still go to that email.  How can i change this?

Thank you.

Message 40 of 60

Hi @agcmeals and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out my Best Answer for details.

Ashley C
Message 41 of 60

I have my email on every place I can find; however the order confirmation still goes to the original email when I set up Square.  How can I change that email?

Message 42 of 60