x
Beta Member

How can I update the email address associated with my Square Online website and reports?

The title of this post has been edited from the original: Updating Email in Online Store

We updated our email address in Square but our Weebly email address is still an old, outdated email. This is causing a problem because when we export Order information it goes to this old email address and the person who manages that email has to forward the report. How do we update the email address associated with our account in Weebly?

Message 1 of 60
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

I wanted to drop into this thread with the steps you can take to edit the email address receiving updates related to your Square Online website. You'll start by logging out of Square completely. Next, click here to head to the Weebly login page, and choose the option to Log in with Square:

Use the new email address to login - this should sync your accounts while updating the email address. 

If this doesn't get you where you need to be, please get in touch directly. Our team may need to manually edit the email address. Remember that we will need to speak with the owner of the Square account in order to make a change like this. To reach out, log into your Square account and head to this page to give us a call.

Calling will be the fastest way to reach a resolution, so please do not send an email if you need a quick fix!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 44 of 60
59 REPLIES 59
Square Community Moderator

Hi @mnc2run and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this questions been answered.

I also may of just learned a pro-tip from a Weebly team member about the email for Weebly not changing when you change it on Square.

Try signing out completely or going into an incognito window and then go to Weebly and try signing in with your Square login there. It should update/sync that new email to the account!

Ashley C
Message 43 of 60
Alumni

Best Answer

I wanted to drop into this thread with the steps you can take to edit the email address receiving updates related to your Square Online website. You'll start by logging out of Square completely. Next, click here to head to the Weebly login page, and choose the option to Log in with Square:

Use the new email address to login - this should sync your accounts while updating the email address. 

If this doesn't get you where you need to be, please get in touch directly. Our team may need to manually edit the email address. Remember that we will need to speak with the owner of the Square account in order to make a change like this. To reach out, log into your Square account and head to this page to give us a call.

Calling will be the fastest way to reach a resolution, so please do not send an email if you need a quick fix!

Valentina
Message 44 of 60

I just sent a test communication email and it went to an old address. I have logged into Weebly using Square and it's still not updated. The old email doesn't show anywhere on the site. But that's where the communication went according to the site. Help! I don't want any communications going to the email address. 

Message 45 of 60

Hey @sunflowerstuiod,

Thanks for writing in! I noticed it's your first post, welcome to our community 👋 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the frustrating experience. If you've sent out an inquiry via the contact form on your site, you might have to check your contact form email matches. Take a look at these steps and please let us know how you go!  

Message 46 of 60

Hello,

I changed my main email address, but still, email notifications are sent to my old email address. How can I change?

Message 47 of 60

Hey @chiiiiie- Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Email Notifications. Did you make the changes in your Square Online Dashboard under Account & Services > Account > Email Notifications (Automatically sent to your account email. Change account email )? 

Is there a specific email notification you are hoping to receive? 

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 48 of 60

Thank you for your response.

The email address under the basic information is updated, but notifications are not sent to the updated email address...

Other emails like daily sales summary go to that email address though.

I would like to receive "order received" notifications.

Message 49 of 60

Notifications will be sent to the email address that is located in your Square Online Dashboard located under Personal Information. I will send you a private message so I can confirm the new email. 

Thanks. @chiiiiie

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 50 of 60

[The title of this post has been edited by a moderator.]

When orders are placed via the Weebly website, I am not receiving email notifications. The email notifications have worked flawless since March. Any ideas? Thank you in advance

Message 51 of 60

I posted this and walked away from my PC. When I came back there was a request for my bank account info and a lot of other information. I take it that was not a legit pop up but, if not, please let me know why this forum would need that.

Message 52 of 60
Admin

Hi @TheOpenEye! Hmm. I'm not familiar with bank pop ups from us... If that happens again feel free to send me a screenshot of it so I can confirm.

In regards to the order emails not sending, check out this thread. If the answers on there don't apply to your situation, go ahead and contact our Support Team so they can look into it for you.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 53 of 60

We changed the email address associated with our account quite some time ago, but any time a customer purchases through our Square account, it's emailing the alerts and receipts to the OLD email address that is not listed or tied anywhere to our Square account anymore. We have it listed to where the new email address should receive all our alerts, but it still sends it to the email address that originally registered with Square. How can we change that?

Message 54 of 60
Admin

Hey @ecscience!

Please give our Support Team a call. They can take a look at this on the backend. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 55 of 60

I am trying to redirect the confirmation emails generated by our online store to a different email address but cannot find a setting for this anywhere.  How to best change that contact email from my personal (account owner) to the store emails (these are associated with each store in the online store...but are not receiving emails)

Thank you.

Message 56 of 60
Alumni

Sorry to see that trouble has brought you to the Seller Community!

Since we're unable to take a dive into your account, we recommend reaching out directly.

I've moved your post to this thread where we provided some steps that may help you make this change on your own. If they don't get you where you need to be, please don't hesitate to get in touch! If you give us a call, our team can give you a hand with this, @NickHaps.

Valentina
Message 57 of 60

I am still receiving my online order notifications and my daily reports under my old email address. I changed this email at the beginning of the year and it's annoying that it won't change to the new email I set up in account settings. I will be deleting this email soon and I need help. Is there a way to change this myself or do I have to call customer service?

Message 58 of 60

Hi @bbutler222 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

Sorry to hear you're still having some trouble with your Online Order notifications. If you have not done so already, please double-check the email on file specifically for the new order emails. This will be on your Online Store Dashboard under >Settings, then >Notifications.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let us know if you have any additional questions. Always happy to help! 😊

Violet
Message 59 of 60

Ah Thank you Alanah! I didn't think to go into the online dashboard. Thank you for all your help I appreciate it!

Message 60 of 60