x

How do I change EIN number when I accept Square Capital loan?

I just accepted my first Square Capital loan but it would not allow me to change my EIN number which currently shows my SS Number instead.   It would not allow me to change it in the acceptance form.  Any ideas? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Go under tax forms. You can change it there just make sure your name or the business name is matching what the IRS has. Also update during business hours. If it doesn't go in the first time, try it again. I updated mine after hours and it didn't let me since it needs to verify with the IRS. I did it during business hours and it accepted it. 

Message 2 of 4
Square

Yep, this is where you'll typically update your tax info to make sure we're reporting your sales under the business' info. 

In regards to your Capital offer specifically @Glamourmade, you'll need to get in touch with the Support team since that info and the offer are account specific. I see that you've already contacted our Support team, so keep an eye out for updates on your case!

Message 3 of 4

I just accepted capital offer but I too have my social security number on acceptance form. I checked my tax info and I have my EIN for the business.  What did you do to correct it @Glamourmade so I can correct it on acceptance form as well or does it matter whether EIN or SS?

Message 4 of 4