x

How do I create a modifier for my Square Online store?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Creating a modifier

So I'm trying to create a modifier, any name I enter it tells me "Please enter valid modifier option" I dont know where else to go

Message 1 of 24
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@masterclipsbb Got it! You'll want to head into your Weebly editor and select Item Library. Once your services are shown there, you'll click one and scroll down until you see Modifiers. It looks like this on the page:

From there you'll click the Manage modifiers button and choose which modifiers you want to display under that item/service. Once you save them, they'll show up for your customers when they book online.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Admin

Hi there @masterclipsbb-

Are these the steps you're following to create your modifiers? One thing to make sure of is that you're putting a price next to each modifier, even if the price is $0.00, it still needs to be entered.

Let me know if you're still having trouble after checking out that link above.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 2 of 24

So I was able to create a modifier set but can I client pick them when booking online? To be specific I own a barbershop and my clients book online for their cuts, I added Hot Towel Shave and Eyebrows as add-ons but they doesnt really show when booking a haircut.  Why not and how can I have this add ons added to the list.

Message 3 of 24
Admin

Best Answer

@masterclipsbb Got it! You'll want to head into your Weebly editor and select Item Library. Once your services are shown there, you'll click one and scroll down until you see Modifiers. It looks like this on the page:

From there you'll click the Manage modifiers button and choose which modifiers you want to display under that item/service. Once you save them, they'll show up for your customers when they book online.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 4 of 24

Thanks for your help @nika  I was able to create modifiers and add them to the items, however, I can't seem to figure out how to make this appear on the menu for the clients.  I don't have the Manage Modifiers tap you just showed me, mine looks like this:

20200417_004018.jpg

Eventhough it says bookable for customers online, theyre not

Message 5 of 24

Ignored my previous post, I was able to figure it out, thanks man.

Message 6 of 24

Hi @masterclipsbb, I'm having the same problem you were experiencing. My clients can't select a modifier when booking an appointment. I see you figured it out, would you mind letting me know what you did?

Message 7 of 24

Hi, would you mind sharing how you were able to do it?

Message 8 of 24
Alumni

Are you trying to add modifiers for an item in your Square Online website, @jackc27?

Or are you interested in adding modifiers to services for Square Appointments?

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 24

I would like to add modifiers and have them be able to be selected by customers on my booking site. 

Message 10 of 24
Alumni

It is not currently possible to add a selectable modifier to services for online booking, @jackc27.

This is a feature request we are tracking here - we'll update the thread if this changes!

Valentina
Message 11 of 24
Alumni

@masterclipsbb - Glad to hear it. I relayed the message to @nika to let her know you're all good. 

Let us know if you need anything else! 

Justin
Message 12 of 24

how to add separate quantity amount for each different sizes and colors of clothes that are limited?

I've a men's shirt with 4 different colors and few different sizes. Some sizes ran out for this particular color but available in other color. Not sure, how to specify this on Square online store. I'm new to the online store and currently working on building my first online store. Any answers would be appreciated.

Message 13 of 24
Admin

@Dek Check out this thread! It should help, but let us know if any other questions come up.

Bea_
Join the Beta Community
Message 14 of 24

How to add separate quantity amount for each different sizes and colors of clothes that are limited or out of stock?

Let me clarify here. We have same design shirt with different colors(brown, black, white & blue) and few sizes(M, L, XL). Some colors are out of stock for that particular sizes but this color is available in other sizes. Not sure how to put it on square online store. Do I use Variation or Modifier or both for this particular issue?

Please advice me how. Thank You.

Message 15 of 24
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Dek! I merged your post with an existing thread in which Nika answers your question here

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

AshleyK
Message 16 of 24

Hi Ashley K, I tried the modifier but it doesn't help. Let me be specific with my issue. I have shirts in 4 different colors (brown, black, blue and white). They come in different sizes (m,L,xl,2xl,3xl). But I have limited stock on some sizes and for some colors. How to use both Modifier and Variations to make it look professional? Please help. Today I tried just the Variation. It works but doesn't look professional.

Message 17 of 24
Alumni

Hey @Dek - Create each color as individual items and add the sizes as variations. That way, stock amts can be added to each size.

No need to use modifiers since they don't allow inventory tracking.

Justin
Message 18 of 24

Thank you so much for your advice and info. I'll definitely be trying this out. Appreciated your time out.

Message 19 of 24

Hi Nika_S, I tried the modifier to add sizes but stock availability option is not in modifier. So, I had to use Variations where I did write Color and sizes together, and under the stock option, I put quantity available for that size and color. This doesn't look professional for the shoppers but it works for me temporarily until I get the correct method.

Message 20 of 24

I would like to have the our customers choose what flavour of donuts they would like to purchase.  I cannot find that feature

Message 21 of 24