x

How do I recover item data that was accidentally deleted?

Our inventory has been entered incorrectly.  The inventory was entered as follows:

The vendors were entered under create an item and the actual items were entered as variations.  I was given this process and followed previous entries as told.  I was asked to delete an item from a vendor line and I clicked on the box to the left of an item and clicked delete.  When I deleted the variation (item), the whole line was deleted.  This is a huge deal for me.  Please help!I 

Is there any way to recover this data?  Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @ABJ-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Good news, in special cases, our Support Team does have a way to revert an item library. They have to file a ticket with our Engineering Team, but it is possible to revert an item library back to the way it was at a certain time period upon request. They will need the date and time before your item library was altered. Give us a call!

Will this be of help? Let me know if I've misunderstood your issue. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @ABJ-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Good news, in special cases, our Support Team does have a way to revert an item library. They have to file a ticket with our Engineering Team, but it is possible to revert an item library back to the way it was at a certain time period upon request. They will need the date and time before your item library was altered. Give us a call!

Will this be of help? Let me know if I've misunderstood your issue. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 2 of 12

Hi Isabelle

Does this apply to the Canadian Marketplace?

Message 3 of 12

Hello!  I am the business owners Square Administrator and am new to the job.  I misunderstood what the owner said and I deleted 7/8 of the hidden file.  I see above that you can revert the items deleted, which was done today.  Can I request a ticket with the Engineering Team to bring those 240 (+/-) back.  Thank you!

Message 4 of 12

Please recover my funds 

Message 5 of 12

Not true if you do not use the import and export methods.  I just spoke to the help line and this is a load of bull that you cannot undo something that was done by accident.

Message 6 of 12

This exact thing just happened to me and I need to know what number or email I can contact to get this restored ASAP.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 12
Square Community Moderator

Hey @eyefinery

So sorry to hear about this, it happens. Please take a look at @isabelle  best answer above. You can give us a call at (855) 700-6000 - but you'll also need your customer code. The steps to look up your code can be found here

Hope this gets resolved for you soon!

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 8 of 12

I accidentally deleted an item this morning, that had 42 reviews!!!! I was trying to delete the duplicate color choices, and some how deleted the entire item.....I'm sooooo ticked.....I can't believe I lost ALL of those reviews! ;(

Message 9 of 12
Admin

Hey @HerbalMagic!

Please take a look at my best answer in this thread. Sometimes our Support Team is able to revert item libraries. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 10 of 12

Thank you for all of your replys this is giving me hope, I just was deleating 4 items out of one of my  files and the entire file deleated this may be a issue that could be addressed in a update in the square dashboard so we can undo the deleated file if needed. Right now I am on hold with Square in hopes to un-do the deleated file that took me a week to create. 

Update he is going threw it right now. The outcome is- He is going to try and retreave my items from yeserday and beond so I may need to re-add some items but that is better then loosing 240 items. Im still hopefull that the outcome will be grand!

Message 11 of 12
Super Seller

@TanyaMorehead ;

After you get your Items all in you could download a catalog.  This would have all your Items in it in case you delete them by accident again.  Now the better solution would be to each day download your catalog at the same time. Then the only thing you might have to update is the quantity of items you sold that 24 hrs if you are tracking the quantity of items.  So if you downloaded your catalog Friday, and deleted a few items Saturday.  You could then upload and replace your catalog from the file you downloaded Friday.  Then you may have to find all items you sold and how many and adjust inventory levels for those items.  Trust me I have a few Catalog files sitting just in case since I have over 6000 items in my catalog and do not want to hand enter them in again.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 12 of 12