x

How do I setup a third printer to my network?

we have two printers now: POS printer and Kitchen printer.  We have a barista station that is very busy and want to add a thrid printer for coffee orders. help /solutions?

Message 1 of 7
2 Best Answers
Square

Best Answer

You can absolutely connect more than one printer connected to your Square POS. Depending on the device that you are using hardware will vary. Follow the steps below to connect a printer to your iPad: 

1. Locate your wireless router with Ethernet port and make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal. 
  2. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the rear panel of the printer, and plug the other end of the cable into the wireless router’s Ethernet port. 
  3. Turn on the printer’s power switch.
  4. From the Square app, tap: Three Horizontal Lines
  5. Tap Settings > Printers > select a printer.
  6. Make sure the receipt printer and your device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To test your connection, tap Test Print.
  7. Toggle on Receipts, Order Tickets, and/or Order Ticket Stubs

For a quick walk-through on this, have a look at our video tutorial:

To set up multiple printers just follow the steps above for each printer. The general set up is the same for all devices but check out our Android and iPhone pages for exact instructions for those devices. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 7

Best Answer

Thnanks for the reply.

I have three printers on the Square POS: FOH printer, Kitchen Printer & Barista Station

Following printer setup, I connected wifi ethernet cable to a TP-LINK 4-port router switcher and connected the kitchen and barista printers via ethernet cable and assigned catagories to each printer.  Works like a charm

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square

Best Answer

You can absolutely connect more than one printer connected to your Square POS. Depending on the device that you are using hardware will vary. Follow the steps below to connect a printer to your iPad: 

1. Locate your wireless router with Ethernet port and make sure you have a strong Wi-Fi signal. 
  2. Connect one end of the Ethernet cable into the rear panel of the printer, and plug the other end of the cable into the wireless router’s Ethernet port. 
  3. Turn on the printer’s power switch.
  4. From the Square app, tap: Three Horizontal Lines
  5. Tap Settings > Printers > select a printer.
  6. Make sure the receipt printer and your device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To test your connection, tap Test Print.
  7. Toggle on Receipts, Order Tickets, and/or Order Ticket Stubs

For a quick walk-through on this, have a look at our video tutorial:

To set up multiple printers just follow the steps above for each printer. The general set up is the same for all devices but check out our Android and iPhone pages for exact instructions for those devices. 

Message 2 of 7

Best Answer

Thnanks for the reply.

I have three printers on the Square POS: FOH printer, Kitchen Printer & Barista Station

Following printer setup, I connected wifi ethernet cable to a TP-LINK 4-port router switcher and connected the kitchen and barista printers via ethernet cable and assigned catagories to each printer.  Works like a charm

Message 3 of 7

Hello, thanks for sharing.  I'm opening a retail store next month, thinking I need a printer for my customer's that'll want a printed sales receipt.  Could you tell me the model # of the printer that you use for Square?  Thanks

Message 4 of 7

I am using the reccomended printers for Square. 

USB Receipt Printer

Star Micronics TSP143IIU

that connects to you Square POS

Message 5 of 7

Please help.

Message 6 of 7
Alumni

Hi @mukaho - Welcome to the Community! A fellow Seller asked a similar question, so I've gone ahead and merged your post with the thread. Check out Kelly's Best Answer above!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 7 of 7