x

How does my staff or myself prevent double booking?

Hello! I am still relatively new to Square but found a big hiccup for me. When I use the “Book Next” to rebook at checkout, it doesn’t tell me that the time slot is not available. It just double books me. The same happens when I book through my customer list instead of the actual calendar. Is there a setting that I am missing? I am currently using a paper appointment book as well to try to prevent this from happening. Thank you to anyone that can help me!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Bcoe thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community! At this time, you would need to manually go through the calendar to the desired date and time in order to see if you're already booked or not since the internal calendar does allow double booking. I really hear you that this can take a lot of time if you are constantly looking up appointments, but for now it will be the best way to ensure you aren't double booking. 

I hope this helps and always let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thank you @AshleyK!  Is there somewhere that we could post suggestions for future updates? 

Message 3 of 6

Hi there, @Bcoe 👋 I can step in for Ashley on this one.

You can always post feedback or suggestions on any discussion board and we will pass them along to our Product Managers and appropriate teams. There may be a time when we merge your post with a separate Feature Request thread, but that is more-so for our organizational purposes.

In short, feel free to post your thoughts on any relevant thread! We will make sure it gets into the right hands.

Cheers!

Joe
Message 4 of 6

I just started using Square for my scheduling system this Sept and Ive noticed when I put in my standing appointments and I already have another appointment in that spot that it double books it. I do not want that. Is there a way for me to turn that off when I am the one making the appointments? Or at least notify me when that happens. 

Message 5 of 6

Hey @ReviveBodyworks

Welcome to the Community!

You have a couple of workaround options to help with the double-booking you're seeing since an out-right switch isn't available. 

Under Appointments Settings > Calendar & Booking > Online Booking Preferences. Changing this setting will allow you to approve all appointments, instead of auto-accepting all of them. 

The other setting to take a look at would be under the services itself. There is a switch to turn off "processing time", double booking can't happen. 

I have added your post to a thread where other sellers have spoken up about this Feature Request. Once we have more information - one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 6