x

How to cancel invoice reminders?

How do I cancel an invoice reminder.  I do not want clients to keep receiving reminders. 

thanks

Message 1 of 47
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Cahells!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please take a look at these instructions to turn reminders on or off:

1. Visit Invoices in your online Square Dashboard and select the Invoice you’d like to edit.

2. Once editing the Invoice, scroll to the bottom under More Options and select Edit Reminders. 

I hope this resolves your issue, please let me know if you have any additional questions by replying in this thread. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 47
46 REPLIES 46
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @Cahells!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Please take a look at these instructions to turn reminders on or off:

1. Visit Invoices in your online Square Dashboard and select the Invoice you’d like to edit.

2. Once editing the Invoice, scroll to the bottom under More Options and select Edit Reminders. 

I hope this resolves your issue, please let me know if you have any additional questions by replying in this thread. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 2 of 47

There are invoices that have been paid, but continue to recur and be sent out to clients. I want to cancel those recurring invoices but cannot do it. ANd, why is a paid invoice sent out to clients? Thanks.

Message 3 of 47
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @elleng - thanks for reaching out! Yikes - so sorry to hear about the trouble. There have been some other reports of this as well, and I think we may be able to point you to some best practices.

I've merged your post with this existing thread of Seller's who were also having this problem, as well. I would check out Best Answer from Isabelle - it should get you where you need to be!

Let me know if that doesn't work! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 47

Is there a way to permanently turn invoice reminders off for all invoices or will I keep having to do it manually on every invoice I create?

I never want reminders sent automatically and sometimes I forget to change it manually on new invoices, and have to explain that to my customers every time it happens. I want to turn that feature off permanently.

Thanks 

Message 5 of 47

Hey there,@Venture405 - 

Definitely - you can manually turn off the reminders through the Invoice Settings. 

Go to your Dashboard > Invoices > Settings > Scroll down to Reminders and uncheck the box > Save. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 47

Can you include a screenshot?  I'm not seeing a Reminders option in the invoice settings -- I too wish to turn that off permanently and handle these manually.

Message 7 of 47

Hi @gscoolidge, just jumping in here with some screenshots of the two places you can go to edit your notification preferences.

Firstly, you can set your preferred communication schedule when creating a new invoice. To do this, see below:

1. Go to Invoices > Create Invoice.
2. Scroll down to the Communication heading > select Edit reminders.
3. You can toggle OFF Send reminders to your customer for this payment request. Alternatively, you can edit the current schedule as required.

See screenshots of how this looks on the Dashboard below. 

The other way to edit your notification preferences for Invoices is as follows:

1. Go to Invoices > Settings > Notifications.
2. You can edit the settings to suit your preferences, and then click Save in the bottom-right corner when finished.

See screenshots of how this looks on the Dashboard below.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 8 of 47

I recently sent an invoice using the pay schedule feature, but now I am unable to see the option for editing reminders as outlined. I do not want clients to keep getting reminders. Is there another way to edit this?

Message 9 of 47

I need to remove reminders from certain recurring invoices and the option to do so seems to have disappeared. I found a thread from 2019 explaining how to do so and the option is now gone if you follow those instructions. I know that I did it only about 2 months ago as well so it must be a recent glitch. Anyone out there having this same issue and is there a solution?

Message 10 of 47

Hi there, @scmc 👋 Thanks again for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding editing Invoice Reminders. Take a look at this Best Answer from Isabelle, she will give you all the info you need.

Cheers! 

Joe
Message 11 of 47

I don't see the "more options" button or tab to edit reminders. I've attached a screenshot. 

Message 12 of 47

Welcome to the Community, @revdrmusic

I am not seeing the screenshot attached to your post. Would you want to try to again? 

Being able to change the reminders on the invoices will have to be done through your Dashboard under the Invoices tab. You will have to go to the specific Invoice to open/edit it. 

If the invoice is recurring, then you will see "Edit Recurring Invoice" at the bottom whenever you open it. This will create a new invoice or series whenever you make these changes though. 

You do have the option to edit the reminder time lengths for any future invoices by editing your Invoice Template. Accessing that would be through the Dashboard > Invoices > Settings > Invoices. It will look something like this:

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions! 

Kassi
Message 13 of 47

Thanks Kassi, but this is not an issue with settings on the user. I've been over this several times with support. It is simply Square reaching out, via text, and prodding MY customers to pay an invoice that is not yet due. This is without my, or my customer's permission. Further, this happens when there is only a mobile number entered for the customer. No email address. Support never gets back to me. I have switched platforms for 90%+ my CC processing. As I do $20k to $40k per month, I save a lot of money and keep customers away from unauthorized texting from square.

If square truly wishes to fix the problem, I would be happy to detail everything and work with someone to resolve, but my rate is $150/hour, billed in one hour increments and payable in advance.

Message 14 of 47

The card swipe didn't take so I was sent to the manual card number key-in. Then the option for a receipt wasn't available so I sent her an invoice. Now she keeps getting reminders that she hasn't paid. How do I stop these emails to her?

Message 15 of 47

Hi Jude

I'm having the same problem. I had an invoice that wasn't paid so I had sent another to a different email. That invoice was paid. I've tried cancelling the original invoice and it continues

to send every day! If you find out can you let me know? I posted the same question.

Thank you

Tammy

Message 16 of 47
Admin

Hi @jude3 and @saltwatercrow👋👋

I moved your questions to this relevant thread so you're able to see how you can edit your invoice reminder settings.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 17 of 47

Hi Nika

Yes I've done that a dozen times. The invoices keeps going out in email

Tammy

Message 18 of 47

Hey there, @saltwatercrow. Thanks for trying out those steps for us. To make sure this gets resolved quickly for you, we recommend reaching out to our Support Team. They should be able to troubleshoot reining in those Invoice reminders.

We will keep an eye out for your contact! 

Joe
Message 19 of 47

Thank you Joe!

Tammy

Message 20 of 47

Why does Square mark these as "solved"?

Message 21 of 47