x

I am unable to identify a Square POS charge on my bank statement. How do I find the merchant?

I see a debit on my checking account for a purchase I do not recognize. It shows a terminal #, SQ, a name (I don't recognize) and date, but when I look it up on the "find transaction" form it does not show up. It shows my ATM card, which I rarely use for a purchase.  How do I locate this merchant?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @JS8

Thanks for posting 👍🏼

When you make a purchase from a Square seller, your credit card statement shows the characters SQ*, the seller name or business name, and the business type. Charges can appear on your statement in a few different ways, especially if they don't have a business name listed.

The best way to locate this seller is to reference your receipt. If you weren't sent a receipt, you can look up your payment receipt from this page

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @JS8

Thanks for posting 👍🏼

When you make a purchase from a Square seller, your credit card statement shows the characters SQ*, the seller name or business name, and the business type. Charges can appear on your statement in a few different ways, especially if they don't have a business name listed.

The best way to locate this seller is to reference your receipt. If you weren't sent a receipt, you can look up your payment receipt from this page

Message 2 of 3

I am looking for the merchant name on my transaction with him.  Square authorization code is 05628-D, date was 11/23

Message 3 of 3