x

I keep getting a server unavailable message when trying to log in to APP.

I keep getting a message "server Unavailable" when trying to sign into the Square APP.  Internet is up and running and all my other Apps are working!  What can I do !!

Message 1 of 23
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Sorry to hear! Here are a few tips that I'd suggest trying out:

1) Restart your smart phone/ tablet.

2) Check for app updates from the app store on your device for Square Register.

3) Delete and reinstall the Register App. 

4) Try accessing the internet from a different connection (ie switch wifi networks or from cellular to wifi network).

If these tips don't work out, please let me know!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Square

Best Answer

Sorry to hear! Here are a few tips that I'd suggest trying out:

1) Restart your smart phone/ tablet.

2) Check for app updates from the app store on your device for Square Register.

3) Delete and reinstall the Register App. 

4) Try accessing the internet from a different connection (ie switch wifi networks or from cellular to wifi network).

If these tips don't work out, please let me know!

Sean
he/him/his
Message 2 of 23

I just did all of the recommendations and still can't access Square server. Which means I can't process client payments. 

Message 3 of 23

Anyone have any idea how long the server will be down?!  Time is $$$$$!

Message 4 of 23

me too!

Message 5 of 23
Square

Hi @Kimberly @TheCrackedPot @kwaor. We did experience a short outage yesterday, but things should be back to normal today! If you're still having issues, just let me know. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 6 of 23

Ours isn’t working either we’ve been trying all day to start up our new square machine and phone lines aren’t working nobody is emailing. Help!

Message 7 of 23
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Hellohello74 - thanks for posting up here on the Seller Community. Happy to have you join us! So sorry about the issue you are encountering when trying to access your account.

Would you mind giving some specific details of what you are seeing when trying to access your account? Also, what device are you using when attempting to access your account?

The more details provided, the better we can give a tailored and helpful answer. 

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 23

Now it's the 17th and I'm having issues too!! HELP!! When I go to integrate Ricochet Consign with Square, square doesn't even show up as an option for integration... 

Message 9 of 23

Hi @Laura-Jean - I'm sorry to hear that this issue has brought you to the Seller Community.

I suggest following the "get started" link here for further instructions. If you have any trouble, you can find contact information for Ricochet support at the bottom of that page. Although Square integrates with Ricochet, the integration is operated and managed by Ricochet. 

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions 🙂

Violet
Message 10 of 23

I can't access from my computers, i have 2 seperate computers with 2 seperate square accounts, and cannot get in either

Message 11 of 23

I keep getting server unavailable as well. I have tried all the tips.

Message 12 of 23

Every time I try to put through a transaction I get server Unavailable I have restarted my phone,  uninstalled the App and reinstalled tried differed WIfi and it still won't go through

Message 13 of 23

Hi @Connier,

It looks like your account was not approved for card processing with us which would be why you're seeing this error.

It should of alerted you at sign-up and also by email once you were declined for processing with us.

Ashley C
Message 14 of 23

How do I delete the app and reinstall

Message 15 of 23

Welcome to the Community, @Vrgnkoehn57

Depending on your device - you can click & hold on the app, then hit the "x" or "uninstall". 

Another option would be to go to your App Store, searching your apps, and uninstall from there. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Message 16 of 23

Everyone else's is working today at markets but not ours 😞

Tried all tips but we don't want to reinstall the app in case we loose all our products?

Message 17 of 23

We are at markets today, ours is the only square not working. Tried all tips but still get reader server error. I haven't reinstall square software for fear of loosing my product listing? Please HELP 

RACHELLE

Message 18 of 23

Hi @Ricochet  - I'm sorry to hear that this issue with your Square Point of Sale has brought you to the Seller Community😥

I suggest starting out with the troubleshooting steps for the app listed here. When you delete and reinstall the app, the items you've created will not be lost as they are tied to your Square account and they will still be there when you log in again. (However, if you have any pending offline payments, do not sign out of the Square app or delete the app. Do not factory reset the device used to take the payment. Make sure you process these payments by reconnecting your device to the internet within 24 hours.)

If this doesn't improve things, please reach out to Support directly by logging into your Square account and heading here for further assistance.

I hope this helps!

Violet
Message 19 of 23

Please find an attached copy of image which shows error I face when trying to access my clien't account as a Team membersara hana.png

Message 20 of 23
Admin

Thanks for the screenshot, @AishwaryaJoshi. Can you try the troubleshooting steps in this thread that is also about being unable to reach the server? I'm also merging your post into that thread to make it easier for other people to find the same steps.

Adam
Seller Community, Platform
Message 21 of 23