x

I keep getting error message that the customer email is invalid but it's not--what to do?

Trying to sent an invoice but the last 3 would not accept a valid customer email.  I got an error message and the invoice would not sent.

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This happened to me with one of our clients.  It was there spam filter bouncing it back.   Once they put Square in as an ok email address it worked.    If they can't resolve it you can select "Share Invoice Manually" under Invoice Method.  Then copy and paste the URL into an email and send it to them.  

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Square Community Moderator

That sounds like a pretty strange error message to receive. We might need to have our Support Team look at this with you, as there's not much we would be able to do without seeing the issue on our end or walking through it with you. 

Reach out to our Support Team and they'll help out. 

Message 2 of 18
Beta Member

Same issue for me. Verified client email (client email is valid as we communicate regularly). I Resend 4 times after verification.
Still have an error message: customer email invalid.
I would prefer to use Square than going back to PAYPAL...

Message 3 of 18
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

This happened to me with one of our clients.  It was there spam filter bouncing it back.   Once they put Square in as an ok email address it worked.    If they can't resolve it you can select "Share Invoice Manually" under Invoice Method.  Then copy and paste the URL into an email and send it to them.  

Message 4 of 18

I’m trying to sign up, everytime I enter my email, it says there’s a account with that email, WRONG!! I’m just now trying to sign up

Message 5 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Hotnana215,

It wouldn't give you that message if there wasn't already an account under that email.

Try > Sign In instead of > Sign Up with the email you already have and do a Forgot Password? if need be.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 18
Admin

Sorry for the frustration @jeanluc!

Was your customer able to locate the email in their spam folder and mark it as 'not spam' (this varies by email provider) as @RHatch suggested? If so can you mark that answer as a Best Answer? That will help other sellers can find this information! 

Of course if you're still having trouble sending an invoice to this customer by email go ahead and give our Support team a call, or you can share it manually. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 18
Beta Member

The customer gave me another email address & everything worked fine. Support center told me the prolem have been seen several time with emails@earthlink. It might be their setting, as I regularly send Square invoices (& get paid) without any problem
Thank you for your concern Helen

Message 8 of 18
Admin

Sounds good @jeanluc glad to hear you were able to send the invoice your customer in the end. Thanks also for letting us know about issues EarthLink as well, good to know! 👍

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 9 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Canadian Emails

I'm trying to send an invoice to a canadian email address (.ca), but keep getting an error.  The email is correct, but the system keeps saying it is invalid.  How do I make it work?

Message 10 of 18
Admin

@Skicza75 I've merged your post into this thread where another seller answered this question and shared a workaround.

If you haven't already ask your customer to add invoicing@messaging.squareup.com as a contact and to check their spam filters. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 11 of 18

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: "Invoice not delivered" notice. It IS the correct email address.

Tried multiple times.  Confirmed that the email address is correct each time.

Message 12 of 18
Admin

That sounds really frustrating @Asiedydd, I'm sorry. I've added your post to this thread where you can see the Best Answer and the other posts in this thread that typically help!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 13 of 18

Thanks. No response from Square support so I looked into the issue further.

The invoices (many attempts) are not in my client's spam folder.  It seems that by all accounts Square's email server is blacklisted and are immediately rejected.

I wish the error message was more accurate/truthful. Would've saved me a lot of time and I wouldn't have had to keep bothering my client. Not professional.

Message 14 of 18

I'm sorry to hear about this @Asiedydd, our Customer Success Team should have followed up with you by now. I'll look into this.

Have you had success with other invoices? Or does every invoice regardless of the email address show as, "Not Delivered"? 

Message 15 of 18

This reply created from merging an existing thread: ""Enter a valid email address" error in invoices" The author has been notified via email.

Hello, I am trying to send an invoice; however, Square is giving me an error message that the emails are invalid. They are not. Help!?

Message 16 of 18
Beta Member

I had the same problem with an AOL client email address. It was a valid address but rejected by the aol server, so the square system was seeing it as "invalid". It could happen with other addresses server.

If possible, ask the customer for an alternative address, or ask her/him to set your address on white list.
Message 17 of 18

We shouldn't have to have our clients do any extra steps to receive an invoice.  It's unprofessional.  

Since there has been no action to fix this (or even any response from customer service), it's time to move on to an alternative to Square.

Message 18 of 18