x

IDEAL/RECOMMENDED BANNER SIZE PLEASE?

Hi im new and a few weeks into working with Square, I would like to know what are the exact or ideal banner dimensions needed to upload please?

And also recommended logo size

Thanks

lee

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @LEE121 

Usually, around 2000px wide by 1000 px tall will do the trick. Sometimes the content of the image can make it looked a little cropped in those measurements. 

Please let me know if you have trouble getting it uploaded. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

I, too, am a designer and cannot figure out a size of banner to upload so that it doesn't get cropped via the auto-responsiveness of the website. The 2000px x 1000px does not suffice, especially if the browser window is resized.

What are my options of designing a banner image that doesn't get cropped?  I've included important information on the image but that gets cropped out when the browser window in resized.

Message 3 of 7
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @hahaurbanfarm

Welcome to the Community! 

Keeping it in the 2000px wide by 1000 px tall range would suffice in allowing your banner to not be cut off. 

Are you still having trouble no matter the size? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 7

Hi,

We are trying to add an image that is actually a table showing our pickup days and times because most customers don't notice the navigation menu that is small lines at the top of their mobile device. What dimensions should an image be to fit appropriately for different devices. 

Thanks,

Geneve 

https://rise-above-bakery.square.site/

Message 5 of 7
Alumni

In general, bigger is better (as long as the file size is less than 25 MB), but a good rule of thumb is to aim for a size of at least 1,000 pixels on the smallest side of the image. 

@Brianmeunier

Justin
Message 6 of 7

A lot of people are having issues with their banner images. Here’s what I do…

Personally, I wanted to create a banner using a logo (made transparent). I set the entire image size to 2000 x 800 px but made the logo take up only a small area of the banner in the center (about 500 x 500 px).

When I added the image to square, I customized the banner size to be “small” to ensure it shows up correctly for both desktop and mobile version (but you may have to play around with it to determine which size fits best for your situation).

I hope this helps!

Follow me on IG if you appreciate my input: @RatchetNerdGroup

Message 7 of 7