x

I was unable to be verified for credit card processing. What can I do?

Hi, my company and I are new to US - came laste year. I have everything - LLC, EIN number, Bankaccount, SSN, permanet address etc - but can't register. System suggest me to try with previsus address/names - but for obivius reasons I dont have that. Please help

Message 1 of 80
2 Best Answers
Alumni

Best Answer

Sorry for the trouble, @zignavisual and @Hope.

The questions you see while activating are populated by an identity verification system. I don't have access to the questions and I don't have a workaround for you. We're required by our banking partners to verify our customers' identity.  If we're unable to verify your identity via this method, there's nothing more I can do.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 80
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @SarahCantuba! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread about sign-up troubles.

There's really not more we can do to assist with this process but you can try these tips to see if they help you!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 9 of 80
79 REPLIES 79

I have tried several times to verify my identity for my account so that I can start taking cards for my small business. Every time I put in the correct information, it always says it’s having trouble identifying me. My social is correct as well as my address, DOB and full legal name. How can I verify my identity? 

Message 43 of 80

Our business recently purchased a Square Reader online. When setting up our account, we were unable to get past the 'Verify Your Identity' step, and we are not approved to accept credit card payment. We have tried multiple times, including submitting the optional SIN number of one of our employees, but are still not approved. The trouble-shooting suggestions provide no help whatsoever, as we just keep getting the 'Not Approved' page popping up. I have tried emailing support twice in the past 4 business days with no response. There is no phone number to call listed on the website, but we asked around and found it...however no one to talk to and the sites it referred to had no answers for us. Customer support is very poor. Other businesses we know that use Square say they have had no issues with set-up, so we just need help understanding how to get past this first step so we can complete set-up and starting accepting card payments ASAP.

Message 44 of 80

I bought this device and it will not verify my identity even though I entered all the information and yes before someone tells me to read t he link on troubleshooting, I already have. I have this major popup shop coming up and need this issue resolved. The page now says I can not be verified for card payments. 

Tags (1)
Message 45 of 80

Hi. I just got myself a reader and was excited to start using it for my business. Unfortunately when I tried to verify my identity with my address it would error and send me back to the beginning. I haven't moved in a year. I tried my street address, and my mother's land location because I'm under her address and nothing. Now it appears that I cannot accept credit cards. This is the screen I keep getting sent to when I try to verify myself. And there are no FAQ I can find to help. Or a customer service number to call. I had also sent an email 5 be ago and no replied yet

Screenshot_20210127-063505_Samsung Internet.jpg

Message 46 of 80

Hi are you approved now?

i am facing same problem

Message 47 of 80

Hi there, @Empiretrading - thanks for reaching out! 

It sounds like we weren’t able to approve you to accept card payments with Square. I know that re-entering your information can be frustrating, due to regulatory purposes we need to be able to verify certain information.

If you'd like to try again, we recommend trying these troubleshooting steps - they should be helpful in attempting to activate.

Joe
Message 48 of 80

How can this still be your answer after so many years of this being a consistent problem for users. This was an issue in 2014 (see https://kevinchen.co/blog/square-identity-verification/) and there was a solution. You just need to talk to people and not have your idiotic automated customer service systems lock in decisions. This blows my mind how little Square actually cares about its customers. 

Message 49 of 80

I have a personal account and i am trying to make a business one but its not letting me verify my identity and i have.

Message 50 of 80

I’m trying to set up my square, and activate my account. It asks for my street address (I live in the country and do not have a street address) so I try my box number (no), business address (also no), Road number (nope!) different spellings (street vs st.) etc. Everything is a no. Now it tells me I cannot accept credit cards, and I can’t even try again. 

ive emailed, haven’t heard back. Calls are unavailable. Frustrated. 

Message 51 of 80

My account verification was denied and now I am unable to take credit card payments. I entered in the correct information multiple times, EIN, SSN, Address, name, DOB, etc. but to no avail.

This is extremely frustrating because my business must accept credit card payments in this day of COVID, my customers will prefer it over cash. I have contacted customer support and I have documents that verify me being an owner in my business.

Message 52 of 80

Trying to finish setting up site, need to verify identity but won’t accept my info. Already created site, ported domain and have products for sale. 

Message 53 of 80

I recently purchased a website through SquareSpace.  I am now limited to using Square as my ONLY  point-of-sale option.  Being able to accept credit cards at POS is a "must'' for my business.  SQUARE is refusing to allow me to accept CCs at POS because they 'cannot verify my identity.'  There is no one to speak to about the issue, and I keep getting the same "auto" replies when trying to resolve.  I have followed all the instructions.  

Message 54 of 80

Can anyone help
Message 55 of 80
Super Seller

Hi @Keith492.  Sorry to hear about your difficulties with this.  You’ll need to reach out to Square directly at 855-700-6000.  Only someone on the at Customer Success can help you with this, since it is a confidential issue.  FYI, if Square says they are unable to verify information, it is usually because something in your application doesn’t match what the government has on file for your business/person.  It could be as simple as a small spelling difference in your name, or more.  Square should be able to tell you what is going on.

I wish you well for quick resolution. 

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 56 of 80

Hi @Keith492 - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed identity verification. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

@TheRealChipA is correct here, we will need you to get in touch with our Support Team in order to take a look at your account with you. You can also look over our Sign Up Troubleshooting tips here in our Support Center.

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 57 of 80

I was able to set up my account, and set up my bank info, but I have failed to verify my identity several times. It asked me to verify my identity so I entered my social security number, but it said they could not verify it. I changed my name year ago, and I read that it might not able to accept my information if I recently changed my name. I wanted to try with my old name, but it no longer gives me options to put in my information. I think I need to get this step through in order to use credit card swiper... I don’t know what to do anymore.

Message 58 of 80

Hi @Jisu,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Message 59 of 80

I'm trying to verify my identity but the system can't verify me. My name, address, phone and SSN has been the same for the last 2 years. 

What else could be the issue?  

Message 60 of 80

I keep trying to verify my identity and nothing I can even try ! It has been six month and still nothing I’ve send email and no response. The website is not helpful at all! I just need someone to enable it or help me! As well I bought a square reader and I just got a message saying that I am getting a full refund because: THERES NO REASON GIVING. SOS help! 

Message 61 of 80

I've only been denied once but when I try to follow the link and follow the instructions that should let me try again it skips over the page and shows me the same screen that says I've been denied card payments. I've tried reaching out to the support center but have been answered without help or ignored completely. What should I do?

Message 62 of 80

I'm trying to set it up so I can take card information. I put in all of my info and it said "Card processing is not enabled for your account." And im starting to get frustrated bc I've been trying to figure this out for a week now.

Message 63 of 80