x

Image for Item does not appear on Checkout Link (just a grey square)

I have successfully added images for each of the items on my Item list. However, the image does not appear when I click on item URL (just a blank grey square where the image should be). I have cleared the cache from my browser yet the problem persists.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Square Community Moderator

Hi @INTGMND

That sounds strange, is this happening for every item? Is there any way you can provide a screenshot of what you're seeing?

Message 2 of 23

Thank you. Yes, this happens for every item. I can't get my screenshot to appear in this reply, but here's a Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Integrative%20Mindfulness/Square/Screenshot%20Item%20image%20does%20...

I appreciate your help. 

Message 3 of 23
Admin

@INTGMND

We're not able to access the image from dropbox, it's asking us to login to your account to view it. Would you be able to share it via DM? If you make sure it's saved as a .jpeg as well that can help.

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 4 of 23

I'm not sure what you mean by DM - I don't have a Twitter account. I do have a Facebook account. To whom would I send it? 

I've tried using the "Insert/Edit" image icon here but I don't know what to enter into the "Source" box. 

Thank you! 

Message 5 of 23
Admin

@INTGMND

You can directly message it to me here on the Community. 

When you click on my profile you should have the option to send it directly to me. 

Also - when you click on Choose File at the bottom of the page, does it give you the option to upload the file directly?

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 6 of 23

I'm having the same problem when I post directly from a Checkout Link on an item page.  This item has a picture stored with it.  When I past the checkout link directly into a browser, the image shows up fine (2nd screenshot).  But not when posting to FB.  Social is a big part of our strategy so hoping there's a solution. 

dwheat_0-1613434843858.png

dwheat_1-1613434953591.png

Message 7 of 23

@INTGMND  - I can confirm that if I start a new checkout link (and create an item on the fly there) from the Online Checkout section of Square, the image shows correct when I post it to FaceBook.  But when I create an Item from Items in the dashboard and create the Checkout Link there, I get the top screenshot above.  No image.  Seems like a bug, eh? 

Message 8 of 23

Hi, this is also happening to me with every single check out link.  Can you please advise. Thank you! 

Message 9 of 23

I have the same problem.  None of the images for my items show up when I click the checkout URL.  

Message 10 of 23

I had to recreate my items under "Online Store" and reupload my photos. Then they started appearing in the customer's payment page. 

Message 11 of 23

I don't use the Online store on Square. I have my own.  I only enter the items in the inventory so I can control inventory and checkout with my Square devices. 

Message 12 of 23
Admin

@INTGMND

We also have a ticket open with Weebly Support to look into this further. 

kellyj
Design Program Manager
Square Inc
Message 13 of 23
Beta Member

Was there ever a solution to this issue , cause I am having it 

Message 14 of 23
Alumni

@hiddengems - are images not showing up for all your items? Can you send a screenshot? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 15 of 23

Me too  - should this not be fixed after a year??

Message 16 of 23
Admin

@theslatemasons Which link exactly are you having trouble with? (a screenshot would be helpful if you have it!)

One thing to note is that the image must be a minimum width of 320px and in .jpg or .png formula.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 17 of 23

Hi there. I’m new and experiencing this problem with the first test item I’m creating. Any news, any updates on a solution? 

Thanks. F85139F7-FA65-4694-BB6B-4B473E4AFDC7.jpeg

Message 18 of 23

I have the same problem.  I create all items in the items list, sometimes the images for some items show up and sometimes they don't.  All JPGs, all over 320 px.

Message 19 of 23
Square Community Moderator

@DBGraphics Hi, again! Do you have a checkout link for where this is happening? We can definitely take a look, but it may be something you need to contact support over as this could be a bug.

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 20 of 23

Hello, I am also experiencing this problem - 

- the image shows for this link 

- but not this link

Please advise.

Message 21 of 23