x

Importing Etsy listings to Square (and to my Weebly site) left me with blurry thumbnails only

I recently set up a Weebly site and imported my items from Square, which had imported them from Etsy. So, Square only imported the thumbnails, which means my shop is full of blurry pictures, and therefore, my Weebly site is full of large blurry pictures. How can I fix this? Weebly said to talk to Square and Square said to call their Weebly team. I don't have time to spend hours on the phone dealing with this. I was hoping someone in the community would have an answer.

I am totally new to this. I followed the instructions to import things. Everything is there but the most important part, pictures! Is there a way to reverse the process and try again? Remove everything from the Square shop and disconnect from Etsy, then try again? 

update: fixed the problem the old fashioned way--uploaded all the images to Square/Weebly one at a time.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Glad to hear you were able to get all of your images uploaded to your new online store, @Anna7271! This is how I would have recommended that you upload your photos to your online store, to ensure your images are appearing in their original format and quality. Please be sure to let us know if any other questions come up!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 16

I have this problem as well...

And it happens again every time you sync. 😡

I chose Weebly to save time, but that hasn't happened yet.

Message 3 of 16

It's so frustrating! But, there is an option to import everything BUT the photos. This is helpful if you finally concede and upload photos by hand (which I'm really not looking forward to doing). At least with the photo sync disabled, you can sync again in the future without replacing the photos you have uploaded. 

I just can't believe there isn't a fix for this issue.

Message 4 of 16

How can I disable the syncing of photos from etsy to weebly? Every time I sync it recks my photos on weebly/square and I do not have the time or energy to fix it every time.

Message 5 of 16

It's so frustrating, I know! You can disable the photo sync from Square. Go to Home > Online > Settings (menu on the left, all the way at the bottom) > Square Sync (all the way at the bottom) > Then, in the window on the right, scroll to the bottom and you will see a flip switch to turn off the photo sync.

Message 6 of 16
Beta Member

HOW??? 

please tell me where this option to turn off photo sync is!

Message 7 of 16

Just be sure to DISABLE the photo syncing from the Square side (not Etsy side) because if it's enabled, the next time you sync, it will OVERWRITE all the photos you uploaded by hand in an instant!  

Here are the directions to disable photo sync in Square: 

Go to Home > Online > Settings (menu on the left, all the way at the bottom) > Square Sync (all the way at the bottom) > Then, in the window on the right, scroll to the bottom and you will see a flip switch to turn off the photo sync.

Message 8 of 16

Thank you so much.

Message 9 of 16

I am looking for this option but it appears that it's no longer there.  Any ideas where it was moved to?  I can't find it.

Message 10 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi @zeahcreations - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Great Question.

Happy to help you get to the bottom of where the button went.

Are you using the app or a web browser? 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Message 11 of 16

web browser

Message 12 of 16

Thank you for providing this information @zeahcreations.

This sounds like we may need to get this escalated to our engineers if the button that you need to make this upload is missing.

Do you might uploading screenshots to the thread so that we can ensure that the button is missing? 

Ria
Message 13 of 16

sure, and please let me know if I'm even in the right place.

Here's the link to the screen shot up loaded to Google, since this form is telling me I don't have permission to upload images:  https://drive.google.com/file/d/13kgKA7XxZX4NW363Fy6HsOX6FYs7wMtt/view?usp=sharing

Message 14 of 16

Hi @zeahcreations - wanted to follow up with some info that I gathered on the Etsy inventory imports.

Looks like the importing would have to be done through Etsy directly.

Here's a bit of information that I was bale to locate on Etsy.

After you've created or selected a location, you can sync your Etsy inventory to your Square account. To sync, go to the Square Sales Channel page in your Shop Manager and choose Sync your Listings near the top of the page. You can also sync your listings in the bottom right corner of your Listing Manager.

For assistance with this, we recommend contacting Etsy customer support. 

I hope this helps. 😊

Ria
Message 15 of 16

From what I've been able to tell, it seems the whole connection between Square and Etsy is really only to provide sellers with the option to sell their Etsy item(s) at in-person points of sale, such as at craft fairs.  The benefit is that you can sell your goods to an in-person event and the integration will at least deduct the sold inventory from your Etsy stock quantity.  I connected my Etsy shop to my Square site and found the following issues:

1. Items synced from Etsy only went to my Square inventory library.  They did not transfer to my Site Items automatically.  In order to have them show up on my Site Items (and available for sale on my Square Site), I would have had to go into my Site Items list, and then "add" items from my Square Inventory Library which now had the synced Etsy items. 
  2. As mentioned in this post, no photos (other than the poor quality thumbnail) transferred to the Square Site.  After manually selecting the newly synced items to my Site Items list, this would mean having to delete the one thumbnail from the listing and add all the other high quality images  manually.  No thanks...
  3. Inventory/stock did not transfer from the Etsy shop to my Square Site - but that's a problem because for many items I only have one unique thing and I don't have more than 1 to sell.  So I manually made the item(s) available on my Site Items list and then manually uploaded all the quality images again, this would also require a manual inventory update for every item on the Square Site Items list that was synced from Etsy.  Again, no thanks...

Based on the lack of photo and stock quantity integration to Square, it does not appear to me that the purpose is to duplicate or replicate Etsy items to the Square site.   Again, the benefit of syncing Etsy items to your Square inventory library is that you can use your Square POS equipment to sell physical goods in person and have it automatically update the available quantity on Etsy.  After discovering all of the required steps, I didn't even bother going further to check to make sure that if someone purchased from my online Square Site would it then deduct the available quantity in my Etsy store.  I'm assuming it would, but I did not verify because I refuse to go through the other steps in the first place.

Message 16 of 16