x

In "Square Online checkout", item listed as "Not Available"

The title of this thread has been edited by a Square Moderator from the original: "In "Square Online checkout", item listed as "Not Available". Bug?"

In "Square Online checkout", I had an item which had "Not Available" on the blue button. It is set as "Visible" and there are no inventory controls. I had been trying to get an answer from "Support" for a week and never got one. But I just looked again now and it "magically" appears to work. But I'm worried this will happen again. I have received no response about why an item appears as "Not Available". 

Message 1 of 45
2 Best Answers

Best Answer

I got it!  The problem was the "site visibility" of the global "Pickup & Delivery Locations" needed to be set to all locations.  Very similar to the suggested solution.  Online\Settings\Pickup & Delivery\pick a pickup location and edit "site visibility" to include all websites.

Capture3.JPG

View Best Answer >

Message 7 of 45
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @Truthful  - Thanks for following up on this thread. I apologize that this information was out of date.

From your Square Online Dashboard, you'll click on Items and then Item Sync. From this page, you'll see the settings below:

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 45 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

For some reason, several newly added variations to an item are showing up as "not available" when selected from the item page, instead of "add to cart".

Square Not Available snippet.png

I'm syncing from Square to the store, and the item showed up in the store but when viewing in Item Library in the store the Stock column shows a dashed line instead of the item count. Which should be one (1). Further, when I try to adjust the stock w/in Square Online it seems to see that there is 1 variation but it's not seeing the item as available in any location. Yet when viewing in Square, the variation shows available.

Square Edit Variation snippet.pngVariations in SquareVariations in SquareSquare Update Stock snippet.png

I've had several customers tell me today that the "Checkout" option wasn't available, but after trying several times it was. This sounds like Square has been having some sort of issues broadly, so maybe my issue is w/ square and not so much my site?

Note, since the free square version doesn't facilitate farm items (pork) sold by the pound I'm creating individual variations named based on the weight of the package, priced based on a manual calculation of weight x price/lb.

Message 2 of 45
Admin

Hey @t1m-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community!

I was just speaking with another seller in this thread about the 'not available' issue, and we were able to find a solution. Please take a look at the best answer in this thread for instructions and let me know if that resolves the issue.

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 45

I have the same problem with items displaying as unavailable.  I have turned off the "display new items as 'not available.'"  I have tried adjusting inventory levels.  Neither solutions have worked.  The problem appears in the second website created in the account.  This is what appears:

Capture.JPG

Message 4 of 45

@BruceKeith I had the same issue and the checkbox solution for "display new items as 'not available.'" did not work for me either.  II did two things (not sure which one or if both were needed). (1) I went to my HOME / ITEMS and into each item to make sure that BOTH locations were selected, as we have our actual location and then our pick up location as two different addresses; and (2) I went to my ONLINE / ITEMS / SITE ITEMS and into each item to make sure that "This item is set to visible on all websites" is selected (it's under visibility).

Message 5 of 45

@MHSGradNight thanks for the suggestions, but they did not solve the problem for me.  I have set all of the items to "All Locations", I have set visible to "all websites, I have ensured that the website is not set to present new items as "unavailable, I have tried adding inventory to items.  None of these seem to have worked.  I'm getting very desperate.  I have noticed that upon deleting and recreating the items (which have a single price), the item reverts to presenting a dropdown option for price, but there is nothing showing in the dropdown.

Capture2.JPG

Message 6 of 45

Best Answer

I got it!  The problem was the "site visibility" of the global "Pickup & Delivery Locations" needed to be set to all locations.  Very similar to the suggested solution.  Online\Settings\Pickup & Delivery\pick a pickup location and edit "site visibility" to include all websites.

Capture3.JPG

Message 7 of 45

Thank you - that worked for me.

Message 8 of 45

THANK YOU!

Message 9 of 45

THANK YOU! I am not sure exactly what I did to fix this very frustrating - and obviously very common - problem, but going into the SITE VISIBILITY advanced settings and modifying it then setting it back and saving it corrected the problem that I have been reading about and working on for DAYS. Thank you "BruceKeith"!!!

Message 10 of 45
Admin

Thanks again @BruceKeith! Your best answer continues to help many sellers, including @LampHouse! 🪔 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 11 of 45

I spent 2 days researching a fix for this. It would be awesome if the moderators could delete or clean up the unused, unanswered, redundant, or irrelevant posts and replies. There are a lot of posts that simply say things like "I have the same problem." or "That didn't work."

Thanks for the consideration,

Eric

Message 12 of 45
Admin

Hey @LampHouse-

Really sorry to hear about that experience. Please feel free to link out to any posts that you find irrelevant and I will take a look. We do our best to archive that stuff.

Thanks for your time

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 13 of 45

Best answer. It's the shipping options. Not fully understood but so relieved it works!!

Message 14 of 45

I was having the same issue, but I don't have multiple locations, just the online square shop with only the shipping option.  I unchecked the setting to make new things unavailable automatically (WTF is that setting defaulted to on???) and gave it a little time to update its sync...nothing.  Tried the other things folks here suggested...nada.  But based on what everyone else was saying and that that setting that seems to have messed it all up is about syncing, I figured if I changed some things on the items it might force an update.

I tried doing a bulk edit of items to change them all to visible and fulfillment as shipping, but that didn't work.  I tried various tweaks to individual items, click "Save" and the ONLY thing that worked is doing this in this exact order (one time I turned both off, then back on, and it didn't work.)

- In an individual online item listing, click on "Hidden"

- Then click on "Visible"

- Then uncheck "Shipping"

- Now check "Shipping" again

- Click "Save"

Like I said, if I altered that order AT ALL, it didn't work.  

Come on, Square/Weebly, this is clearly a problem, either a bug or a design flaw.  FIX IT, please!

Message 15 of 45

I am having the same issue.  Items are all visible, no inventory control, location is set, went through each item to set as visible, and through the online item dashboard to selected all to Mark as visible.  Visible to add to my cart one minute...not available the next. WHY???

Message 16 of 45

I am having the same problem.  Most of my merchandise says it is unavailable.  Should not be.  All the settings are the same for all the products, and yet some are available, some are not.  Need help ASAP!!

Message 17 of 45

This exact problem happened to us. Somehow Square/Weebly had deleted the shipping information. Once I added it back in the problem was resolved. 

From the online store menu, Settings > Shipping

Be sure your fulfillment address and other shipping details are listed. Once I re-added our shipping fulfillment address all items on our online store went from NOT AVAILABLE to Add to Cart instantly.

Message 18 of 45
Admin

Hey @MHSGradNight and @CRHSTennis-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community.

Can you verify that you tried the solution listed in this thread?

Let me know 👀

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 19 of 45

@isabelle do you mean this suggestion?

1. Click Home (top left, beside the Weebly logo).
  2. From the menu click Store Setup > Square Sync.
  3. Select Settings from the top of the next screen.
  4. Toggle off Mark newly imported items as unavailable online.

First, I don't have a menu item that says "store" so I'm lost from step two... What I did try was going into my Home dashboard / Items / each specific item and make sure that I had selected all locations. That seemed to fix it.  for now...

Message 20 of 45
Admin

Hey @MHSGradNight-

I went ahead and updated that thread to have the most current instructions. Sorry about that. They are as follows:

1. Click Online within the Square Dashboard.
  2. From the Square Online overview page, go to Settings > General > Square Sync.
  3. Uncheck the mark newly imported items as unavailable online option.

Glad to hear that worked. Let us know if this issue occurs again. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Message 21 of 45