x

Incomplete address message on order form

Here's some chatter under the link I posted on FB inviting people to our new store: 

Customer 1: I'm fighting with the order form because it keeps saying it's an incomplete address when it's not. Grrrrrr. What should I do? Sorry to add a hassle to this, but I'm so frustrated.

Customer 2: Try putting n/a in the second address line. That worked for me. 

Customer 3: I had the incomplete address problem too even THOUGH it was complete. SOLUTION: go back to the shopping cart, scroll to the bottom, click on update/edit address, you'll be prompted to enter your address, do this, all will be good. (Received an order from them.)

Can anyone help with this?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @vthilfarm I'm so sorry that you are having this experience with the Facebook integration. I see that this is an existing issue that our engineering team is investigating already, but any additional information we can provide to them will be helpful.

Are your customers able to get this to go through on a different browser or after clearing the cache/history on their device? Does this only happen on the Facebook page when the checkout screen slides out from the side of the screen? 

If you also have any screenshots, that would be helpful for me to share to engineering, but please blur out any customer information. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

Excuse me for the confusion.

It has nothing to do with Facebook. I just saw a conversation about the problem between customers on Facebook.

I believe it's on the store site itself, that customers are not allowed to complete their order. The order form gives them an "incomplete address" message and won't let them continue.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks for letting me know. So this has nothing to do with the link you posted on FB inviting them to your new store? Also, when you test this yourself, do you get the same error?

AshleyK
Message 4 of 8

That's correct--we have not been able to duplicate the problem, so we're not sure how to troubleshoot. And some customers have found workarounds, but those workarounds did not work for at least one person. 

Message 5 of 8

Are you still getting reports that this is happening from new customers? Also, what are the workarounds your customers used? We would suggest they try from a different browser and also try clearing the cache before attempting the address again.

AshleyK
Message 6 of 8

We have a customer with this identical issue today, and have had several report similar experiences, how do I correct this?

One instance the customer  paid with apple pay, and the transaction they can see went through, but then the square site keeps telling him that it cannot complete the transaction missing address information. He added his address at the bottom, to no avail. It won't even give him an option to add more than one line. Also, we already have his address and do not in fact need it. The transaction is completely invisible from my access point, it looks like no transaction has taken place. Please help.

Message 7 of 8
Admin

@KenwoodOrganic Did you happen to have them try the troubleshooting that AshleyK suggested right above?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 8