x

Incorrect item was charged. I want to edit the item so my inventory is correct. Can I?

Hi,

A friend was watching my booth and accidentally selected the incorrect item/product when completing a sale. To her defense, she was very new to the Square register and got flustered, so she selected the first item she saw with a matching price.

(It was the correct price but it was not the correct item.) Now my inventory is going to be messed up. Is there a way to edit the transaction so I know what item was really sold? [insert Frozen theme song, "Let it Go", here...my OCD is showing] 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

You can't edit the sale.  You can edit the inventory here. https://squareup.com/dashboard/items/library

If it was a cash sale you could correct it by "refunding" the sale and re-ringing it up wit the correct item.  You will still have to fix the inventory of the first sold item because refunding doesn't correct inventory.

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

@VanKalkerFarms is correct here. While you can't go back and edit the sale itself, you can adjust your inventory so that it reflects the correct information from your Items Library. 

Message 3 of 3