x

Inventory Adjustment Stat Tracking

Ok so quick question: Square recently changed the inventory tracking menu and now have the ability to adjust inventory numbers for various reasons. As you can see in the picture, it has the reason as loss and it adjusts the inventory to the new number. However, once you click save and go back to the inventory screen, it just keeps the new inventory number as you can see in the second picture. I want to know where it records the changes in inventory, it would seem like it should track somewhere so I can look back and be like, oh I lost 3 items here. But as it seems now it just adjusts the inventory to the new number and there is no way for me to see why it was adjusted or what the number was before or anything. 

Pic 1

Pic 2

Message 1 of 48
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

I can show you how to view your Inventory History

Once you sign into your Square Dashboard, head over to the Items tab. 

Select the item you wish to view the adjustment history and you will see the option above the Price and Inventory section. Check out the image below: 

inventory .jpg

You will see a list of events and if you click on one you can view the inventory change, when the change was made and the reason. 

If you still have questions please let me know! 😀

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 48
47 REPLIES 47

Best Answer

I can show you how to view your Inventory History

Once you sign into your Square Dashboard, head over to the Items tab. 

Select the item you wish to view the adjustment history and you will see the option above the Price and Inventory section. Check out the image below: 

inventory .jpg

You will see a list of events and if you click on one you can view the inventory change, when the change was made and the reason. 

If you still have questions please let me know! 😀

PS) If my answer solved your problem, would you mind marking it as "Best Answer"? That'll help the rest of the community find what they're looking for. If not, just write back, and I'll continue to help. Thanks!

Message 2 of 48

Did not realize this was an option to sign up for but is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!.

Message 3 of 48

Glad I could help out @ryan_g! 😀

Hey @roseH1, so even if you aren't subscribed to Square for Retail you will still see the inventory adjustment option. 

To access the detailed report you will have to subscribe to Square for Retail

I hope this is a little more clear. If you still have questions please let me know! 

Message 4 of 48

Hi Chad, we don't subscribe to Square Retail, but this option is appearing in our dashboard as of Monday.  WIll this be a part of the Square app permanently?  It will be very helpful for us, but we don't have access to the detailed reporting you spoke of.  Please advise?

Message 5 of 48

I do not subscribe to square retail either, but would LOVE to have access to this feature as well! 

Message 6 of 48

Hi Chad-

Is there anyway to see the inventory adjustments if you do not have square for retail? 

Message 7 of 48

Hello @MobileIceStand thanks for bringing this up. You can now view your Inventory Adjustments even if you aren't subscribed to Square for Retail now. You can view the report by clicking on an item in your Dashboard. Check out the image below! @roseH1 @ryan_g

Message 8 of 48

Adjustment history is the only thing from this subscription I really need to access. Are you saying I can cancel the $60/month subscription and still view the adjustment history now?

Message 9 of 48

@ryan_g So the only difference is you won't see the staff member that made the adjustment if you're viewing it on the items page. 

I recommend checking it out and seeing if it fits your needs. No sense in subscribing to Square for Retail if its overkill.                      

Please let me know what you think and if you have any feedback! (I'll just assume having the employee name on there is a given) 😉

Message 10 of 48

@Chad I can see the number I entered in Adjustment history but is there a way to see side by side the number of items before I adjusted and after I adjusted.  I still don't understand how with just the adjustment history I can see how many we were off by.  Thanks:)

Message 11 of 48

Hello @HOPShop, currently this would be a feature request. I can definitely see why you would want this. It could easily eliminate any manual book keeping you have Inventory. I'll make sure to pass this suggestion along to the Inventory Team! 🙂

Message 12 of 48

Is there a way to show an annual report of adjusted items, such as items damaged or stolen, for tax purposes without knowing specific items to view?

Message 13 of 48
Square Community Moderator

This sounds like a good question for our retail team, @homeanthology

They can take a look at your account with you to help shine a light here, as they are able to look at your account alongside you in order to pinpoint what's going on here. Please reach out by phone or email when you have a moment by logging into your Square account and heading here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 14 of 48

Thank you.  I will do that!

Message 15 of 48

Your answer assists if you're interested in seeing one item's inventory adjustment history.  I'd like to know if I can find a report which shows me all inventory adjustments (qty and $) for a given period of time.  If we're running inventory and creating adjustments monthly, how can I confirm this is happening and find red flag items of concern?  Thank you in advance.

Message 16 of 48
Beta Member

Does this also keep track of changes made to entire inv when uploading a csv file with changes to inv count. if not is there a way to see that number. like if i printout entire library to do a physical count and then upload physical count, is there a way to see the variance between physical inv and what app says i should have? 

Message 17 of 48
Alumni

Hi there @Thegrooveshack - At this time, the Item Library export does not include any stock variances. Instead, you'll need to select the item directly from your Dashboard and click View Stock History to see all changes made to your stock amounts.

I understand this route takes a bit of time, but we're continuously working to make inventory management more streamline and convenient for our Sellers. I hope this helps!

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 18 of 48

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: How do I run a report that shows loss or damage items?

I want to run a report that shows the loss and damage. Those are two options in the stock menu but I do not appear to be able to access them short of looking at each item's stock history and manually recording it. We are currently using Quickbooks and we *still* can't print a loss or damage report.

Message 19 of 48
Admin

Hello @SpringHouseFarm - at this time the adjustment history report is a feature of Square for Retail. Square for Retail is a separate app (compatible with iPads only) with a subscription fee. There's a 30 day free trial with Square for Retail so you could take a look and see if it'll be suitable for your business.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 20 of 48

How do I access a report of all of the items that were damaged in 2019? I have looked all over the report section and I can't find it. 

Message 21 of 48