x

Inventory Counts Via Scanning Barcodes

We recently transitioned from Lightspeed to square in an attempt to integrate our physical store with our online one more adequately. I am not seeing a feature however, to allow us to preform inventory counts via Square. As in using a bar code scanner to scan in our inventory and reconcile the actual inventory with what should be there. Surely I am not the only retail store that regularly preforms counts to confirm numbers are still what they should be.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hey @Riki -

Scanning inventory to reconcile your stock levels is exclusive to Square for Retail which is a paid feature. While you aren't able to do this with the Standard Point of Sale app, you are still able to adjust stock levels within the Dashboard by selecting the item from your library and hitting Edit Per Location > Manage Stock. From there, select a stock adjustments reason (stock received, damaged, theft) from the drop down menu so that the actions you made are reflected in your  Inventory History. 

Keep in mind, you'll need to enable inventory tracking for each item to do this. I hope this helps! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hey There @JustinC , I do indeed have Square retail, but preforming a stock take/inventory scan does not appear to be an option?

Message 3 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the response here, @Riki! I can step in and assist for Justin here.

To make sure I am understanding you correctly, are you not seeing an option to Receive Stock on your application? If so, this helpful resource might come in handy here.

Let me know if I missed the mark on interpreting your issues! I will keep an eye out for your response.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Square

Hi @Riki, wanted to let you know that scanning to perform a stock take/inventory count is now an option if you're using Square for Retail Plus. Details can be found here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/7401-inventory-counting-with-square-for-retail 

Message 5 of 5