x

Invoice PAID cash register sound is gone!!! :( WHY?

Hi all - 

I have spent almost 4 hours on resolving this issue but I still don't know how to resolve this -

I used to get the CASH REGISTER sound when invoices are PAID by customer as a notification. Somehow in the last month, not sure when, this sound is GONE!!!

I really miss it because it really makes my day whenever I hear this CASH REGISTER SOUND - meaning I have made a sale!!!!

I have tried everything including - 

1. Signing in and out multiple times

2. Delete and re-download the app (Square and Invoice apps)

3. Turn on and off my phone

4. Check all notification and sound on SETTING and in the apps itself

5. Even tried on another phone using my family's phone, downloading the app and logging into my account

Has this happened to ANYONE?

Did Square cancel this PAID sound notification?

Please tell me how to solve this issue or can Square fix this?

I love hearing the PAID sound as I'm sure everyone does!!!

THANK YOU

JAIDI

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Alumni

Hey @Jaidifinds - thanks for posting! 

I'm not sure what you mean by paid sound notification, as there is no extra cost associated with Point of Sale aside from the standard fees it costs Square to process payments for you. 

I can check with the Invoices Team to see if any changes has been made to bring clarity to your issue. 

Just to be sure - is this sound specific to the Invoices app or the Square POS app? 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 15

@JustinC hi Justin thanks!!!

so excited you replied!

This is specifically to the Square and Invoice app I downloaded to my iPhone.

In the last few months, I would create an invoice via Square or Invoice app, then client view invoice, then pay it.

once it’s paid, i would get an app notification on my phone as push notification and when that happens, there is a “cash register” sound. It’s like when you get a text message, it makes a sound.

it’s now gone, I still get notifications but no more sound!!

I have done and tried everything but still no sound. Why is that? Did Square change something?

thank you!!!!

jaidi 

Message 3 of 15
Alumni

Gotcha! Thanks for that @Jaidifinds

I reached out and now I'm waiting to get word back. I'll be sure to update you when I get a response from them. 

Thanks for your patience! 

Justin
Message 4 of 15

@JustinC @OK thank you so much Justin!!

Looking forward to your reply!!

patiently waiting.

Jaidi

Message 5 of 15
Alumni

Hey there @Jaidifinds! I'm back with an update - 

I reached out to the Product Team and it appears they've rolled back the sound notification feature as they're making improvements to the Invoices app. I've let them know how helpful the 'jingle' was for you and they're working to get it back. 

So sorry this change caught you off guard. I understand the frustration of falling in love with a feature only for it to become unavailable 😔

Please hang in there with us as we roll out even more exciting features coming soon with the Invoices App. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and thanks for posting ❤️

Justin
Message 6 of 15

@JustinC  thank you so so so much for coming back to me!!!

I am so appreciative that you remember to let me know!

please can you please let the product team know to bring it back? It is such a great accomplishment sound to hear when we make a sale, it’s like a celebration!

I to quite a few people and business about this as I was researching and they all said the same thing! They noticed sound is gone and it’s sad!

we are all super excited for new improvements that’s for sure!!! Meanwhile, please bring back the cash register sound! It’s very nice for entrepreneurs to hear it!!!

thank you Justin!!!!!!!

Message 7 of 15
Alumni

No problem! Thanks for your incredible patience and understanding. Let us know if you need anything else! 

@Jaidifinds

Justin
Message 8 of 15
Beta Member

Just to be clear, the cash register sound is something that I miss as well. It really feels good to know that the customer had an opportunity to view and pay their invoices. It really does make my day!

Message 9 of 15

I miss the CHA-CHING sound as well! Im constantly checking my phone/app to see if invoices have been paid. It still sounds when people complete transactions via my square website but not invoices. 

Message 10 of 15

When customers purchase via my Square website, a CHA-CHING notification sound alerts me that I've received money. It's a delightful sound and makes me do a little happy dance behind the scenes of my small business. I used to be notified by the same fun little jingle when customers paid their invoices, but I'm no longer getting the fun sound notification for paid invoices. I'm notified by email, but that's not idea as I receive hundreds of daily emails that aren't important. How do we get the sound notification back and why was it taken away? My other payment apps offer a fun payment sound but as of the new year, I am strictly taking Square only payments because the system is just so user friendly and offers it all! (Except my Cha-ching!) Please bring it back!

Message 11 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back to the Community, @StefanieBabb

Appreciate the feedback on wanting to bring the cha-ching back when your invoices are paid. 

I know it gives a little sprinkle of joy when it goes off and you collect money for your growing business! 😊

I would be happy to tag this for the Product Team, so they can take a look into this Feature Request. 

Kassi
Message 12 of 15

It’s been 2 years.. can we have the cha Ching cash register sound back.. PLEASE????!!!

Message 13 of 15
Square Community Moderator

HI @Stefaniej82 I agree that was a fun sound! Thanks for bringing the topic back up.

This is an older thread, but I recommend submitting your feature request to our new Ideate page. You can reach the Invoices page here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it). 😊

Message 14 of 15

Looking for that sound as well!

Message 15 of 15