x
Beta Member

Is there a way to have SKU print on Kitchen Ticket instead of Item name

Can we have SKU print on the kitchen ticket instead of printing item name?

Message 1 of 15
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @sbrockz! Welcome to the Seller Community. 😎

This is a feature request at the moment. However, there's a workaround. If the SKU name is the variation, that would print to the kitchen, in addition to the top line item name. Hopefully this can somewhat help in the mean time.

Don't be a stranger here and please let us know if any other questions come up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @sbrockz! Welcome to the Seller Community. 😎

This is a feature request at the moment. However, there's a workaround. If the SKU name is the variation, that would print to the kitchen, in addition to the top line item name. Hopefully this can somewhat help in the mean time.

Don't be a stranger here and please let us know if any other questions come up!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 15
Beta Member

Do we know when this going to get released please!?

what are the current improvements which are getting worked on!?

I understand a lot of effort is being put into Square online but we are seeing a new influx of in house diners which is causing a confusion in the kitchen.

Message 3 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hello @sbrockz

As of today I don’t have anything to report regarding printing SKUs on receipts. We will make sure to post our updates here as we get them. I would also like to invite you to be part of our beta program to be one of the first sellers to know about our upcoming products. Take a look here.  

Have a great day! 😃

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 15
Beta Member

Any update on this request?

Thanks

Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

This is a question for Square POS: I know there is a way to somewhat customize what prints on a customer's receipt - like how you can choose to hide or show the description. Is there any way to have the SKU print, as well?  Or only if it is in the description field?  Thank you to anyone who can help with this question! 

Message 6 of 15

Hi @roughdraftny,

I moved your post to a thread where this question has been answered already.

Check out the Best Answer above for details. 

In the future, don't hesitate to search your question first here or on the Support Center for your quickest answer too!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 7 of 15
Beta Member

We REALLY need an option to print SKUs on our receipts and invoices.  Surely there is a simple way Square can enable the option in the Item Management?  

This is a big issue when we create an invoice to special order items then have to try and reference a part number to order from our vendors.  

PLEASE create this option for us on the retail side!!!

Message 8 of 15

Hi @emtp435 I moved your post over to this thread. This is a feature request at the moment, but Nika has a suggestion in the Best Answer up above. 

Message 9 of 15
Beta Member

Alternative solution you guys are recommending doesn't work 

The kitchen is a high rush kitchen where they have to look at the tickets quickly and start working.

Having "Remote Names" would help the kitchen to do less errors and quicker workaround.

Thank you

Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

We also need the SKU to print on receipt and invoice and to display on the transaction on square screen. 

Message 11 of 15
Beta Member

I see that Square did a new rollout with the field Kitchen Name

But when I updated in the item and tried clicking send

It is still printing the item name not the kitchen name

Thank you

Message 12 of 15

Hi @sbrockz 👋 Thanks for following up on this.

I suggest double-checking your Printer Station Settings to make sure your "kitchen" items are assigned to your printer and not the other items that you don't want to print here. You can follow along with the steps that @RYANWANNER has provided in this thread

If you are still having trouble after checking your printer station settings, my next suggestion would be to reach out to our Support Team so they can take a look at your items and settings with you and ensure you are set up for success. 

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Message 13 of 15
Beta Member

@_Violet 

One of the POS is printing correctly and other ones are correcting item name instead of kitchen name? Any idea why one machine would behave correctly and other behave weirdly?

Message 14 of 15

Hey there @sbrockz  - When one Point of Sale is printing or sending items correctly and another is not, this lets us know that the Printer Station settings need to be edited on the POS that is not behaving correctly. 

I recommend taking a screenshot or photo of the Printer Station settings on your POS that is working correctly so you can edit the settings on your other POS to match the correct settings. Then, do a test print to ensure that the items are printing correctly here.

Please let me know how it goes! I'll keep an eye out for your reply 👀

Violet
Message 15 of 15