x

Is there an option to create individualized coupons for customers?

I am looking to create a one time use, individualized coupon for customers. For example: We sell a sampler pack of coffee and we want to encourage them to purchase a whole bag. We want to offer them a unique one-time discount code to apply to their first purchase. 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Alumni

@BHCC2018

There's no way to set up individualized coupon codes and limit them to one-time-use. If you're looking to apply discounts in-store, you'll need manually keep track of the customers who already redeemed their coupon for their purchase. 

Kind of an archaic process but I'll make sure the Product Team sees your ideas to track this request. Hopefully other Sellers chime in with workarounds they've adopted for the time being! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 19

I am not asking about Discounts because discounts appear to allow a limit on the number of times a customer can use a discount code. The Weebly online store has Coupons that are not synced with Discounts. So, you have to create coupons in the Weebly online store. You can set a maximum number of times a coupon code can be used across all customers. I need to limit the use of a coupon code to one time per customer. The Weebly online store actually remembers the coupon code for subsequent checkouts, which is counterproductive to limiting the use of a coupon code to one time per customer. How do I limit a Weebly online store Coupon code to one use per customer?

Message 3 of 19

This is not available currently but would be a great feature request. The only option would be to create a custom coupon that could only be used once, but that's obviously not scalable.

Message 4 of 19

How can I create a one-time use coupon for each customer without having to create separate coupons per customer?

Message 5 of 19
Admin

Hey @THEFLYPLANTSHOP!

Before I answer this, are these coupons for the Square Online Store, or in-person sales? 

Let me know! 🌸

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 19

Hi Isabelle,

Yes, this coupon is for the Square Online Store only.  I created a pop-up signing sheet for people to sign up for our newsletter.  The incentive is that they'll receive 10% off their next purchase. So I would like to give each customer a 10% off coupon when they sign up, but only for a 1-time use.  Is this possible without having to create a separate coupon for each customer?

Message 7 of 19
Square Community Moderator

@THEFLYPLANTSHOP I'm stepping in for Isabelle here! This is currently a feature request we are tracking, but I've merged your thread with another existing thread so we can keep all the feedback and workarounds in one place. Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 8 of 19

Hi is there a way to create a one-time use coupon/discount code that can only be used once?  If yes, how can I do that.  If no, is there a workaround?

Thanks

Message 9 of 19
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Gugo! Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community. I've merged your post to an existing thread. This is currently a feature request. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 10 of 19
Beta Member

Just want to throw my vote behind getting this feature ASAP!!! It is really important to be able to limit the amount of times an online coupon code can be used per person.

Message 11 of 19

I second this! Especially around the holidays it would be a very helpful feature to give customers access to one time coupon codes for saving on their holiday shopping.

Message 12 of 19

We would like a limit of coupon use per customer as well!! We cannot create a 15% off your next purchase for subscribing campaign without it.

Message 13 of 19
Alumni

Thanks for the upvote @Meredithsbread! I tagged your post for tracking and visibility. 

Justin
Message 14 of 19

I can't believe we are having to request this.  Who WANTS their customers to be able to use a coupon ENDLESSLY?!

Message 15 of 19
Beta Member

We should have the ability to create:

Multi-use code - a coupon that can be used multiple times per customer

Single-use code - a coupon that can only be used once per customer

First order code (automatic) - automatically apply a discount to first orders or all orders within a specified date (NO CODE NEEDED)

Codes should be redeemable online and in-store.  Never allow multiple codes at the same time.

On the loyalty side:

Time sensitive - give a bonus that can be earned only within a specified time.  For example, between 3-5pm on Tuesday, double points.

Message 16 of 19
Beta Member

You guys just implemented limit one per customer to the new "Free Delivery" coupons.  Why can't you just extend that option to all coupons?!    I want to have the ability to create a percentage discount with a limit of one per customer, and I'd also like to have a first order automatic discount.  Its so simple to create these things, please pay attention to your customers!!!!  

Message 17 of 19

I would like to see this option as well.  I want new customers to be able to use a one-time coupon for their first order.

Message 18 of 19

I'm like the other person that stated I can't believe we're having to request this!  Please offer a solution for us to limit the use/set a maximum discount, etc.  For instance, I'd like offer $3 off of selected pies for my Loyalty customers, but would like to limit it to 3 pies.  However, while I can set the limit of the coupon to 1, 2, or 3 uses per customer, it does not limit the number of pies they can get that discount on.  So if they order 10 pies, they'll save $30 and I'd like to limit that to $9 ($3 off each of 3 pies), etc.  Can we please get this done ASAP?  

What seems crazy to me is before Square obtained Weebly, we could simply transfer any discounts we created on the dashboard over to the online side.  But since Square now owns Weebly, that is no longer an option...  Seems really counterintuitive to me.  Very disappointed with this.  😞

Message 19 of 19