x

Issue with processing payment for subscription update

Hi there, 

I'm new to the platform and would like to upgrade.

However, when finalising the payment the error message comes up saying my card number is wrong, which is not true.

I have checked the digits and even contacted my bank and they advised that there's no failed payment, only attempts of £0.

I've also changed my browser.. but same issue..

Any leads?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hey @lulu_latob, thank you for your post and for flagging this to us. 

Where are you seeing the error pop up exactly? Is it on your website, Square Point of Sale app, etc.? Have you tried any different cards to take a payment with? Can you send a screenshot of the error? The more information you can provide, the better equipped I will be in finding a fix for this. 

Thanks!

Message 2 of 6

Hi @k_atie

The error message comes up when I try to proceed with a paymenr to upgrade my subscription.

I have tried all the troubleshooting advised and still no luck. I'm also unable to use any other card except for Mastercard as that's the only type of card I have via my business banking.

Message 3 of 6

Thanks for getting back to me @lulu_latob. Could you send me a screenshot of the error message by any chance? Which subscription are you trying to upgrade? 

Message 4 of 6

I have clients unable to make payments via email invoice saying a similar thing, that their card isn’t going through and due to too many attempts now the invoice has been cancelled. It’s two clients today so I know it’s not their cards. What is going on as I’m unable to get their payments now

Message 5 of 6

Hey @RydierooBrodie, welcome to the Community. I'm so sorry to hear you've had difficulty taking payments! 

When you have a moment, can you please share a screenshot of the error message you are seeing when your customers try to take a payment? I'll get in touch with our teams to see if they'd have a better insight as to where the issue is coming from. 

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6