x

Issues with POS freezing

I have not updated yet but have been having problems with square recently, too.   Square closes, the ipad cycles, then I have to put in my password to get back into the ipad and then open up Square again.

Also, square froze on me - like one of the other comments - had to take it out of the stand and shut it down to get it back - all while a customer is waiting.

BTW - This update has been around for a while.  Perhaps everyone is waiting a few days to update to see if there are problems with square but because they are waiting we are finding out about the problem later and later.  Perhaps you should be doing testing as soon as updates come out to be proactive.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Alumni

Hi @cocoongallerync - I'm sorry to see that you're having issue with POS. You mentioned that you're not on iOS 11.4 so I'm moving your message over here. We'll be able to more accurately help you troubleshoot since your issue looks separate.

Can you share what version of POS you're on and your model iPad? 

Also, we always test POS on many different devices and operating systems before releasing versions. Issues still do arise unfortunately, so that's why we include a lot of troubleshooting guides in our help center. Here's one for Square Stand:  https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5112

I'll keep a look out for your reply so we can help get you up and running again!

Message 2 of 13

IOS 11.3.1

Ipad Air

Message 3 of 13
Alumni

Thanks for sharing that information @cocoongallerync

I found some troubleshooting information that might solve your problem. I'd suggest double checking you have a strong internet connection and try deleting and then reinstalling the POS app as first steps. You can also read more tips for troubleshooting here: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/5673

If you're still having a hard time with POS, I suggest you give our CS team a call. They'll be able to assist you in live time to resolve this issue! 

Message 4 of 13

The problem is that the app won't load.  It just runs the loading circle on my iPhone that is running iOS 11.4

Message 5 of 13
Alumni

Hi @Adasunrise - Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with POS. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it? We haven't seen freezing in POS with this issue in iOS 11.4. If you've taken any payments in offline mode, make sure you upload them first before uninstalling. 

Also @magicmoonsister - have you tried reinstalling the app after deleting it too? I'm hoping this might solve the issue for you. 

Message 6 of 13

Hi , We already updated as there were no emails saying not to. We only just saw this message recently of course after the update.  We have tried to power off the Ipad and power up again   However the freezing is happening several times a day now and affecting business. Also in order to power off the device it has to be unfrozen. We cannot power if down when it is already frozen.  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated   This is a new system and do not know if a new one is needed

Thank you 

Tina and April

Magic Moon sisters

[Personal Information Redacted]

Message 7 of 13

My system keeps freezing. Anyone else having this problem? 

Message 8 of 13
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Jlina! Welcome to the Community.

We haven't heard of any other reports of this so I'd recommend trying to the troubleshooting that is listed above.

It sounds like the app is just glitchy and needs an update or to be deleted/reinstalled. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 13

Been having the same problem for months, it intermittently freezes and stops all sales. Currently using a new iPad with a good wifi connection to the net. Routinely close and restart the app in the hope that it doesn’t freeze but it just froze again yesterday. There must be a reason and fix to this ongoing problem?, loosing too many sales.

Message 10 of 13
Alumni

Have you tried any app troubleshooting, like reinstalling the app? Is the iOS up to date on your iPad 

@Mantun

Justin
Message 11 of 13

I can’t get the app to load. I have no idea what I am doing. No customer service help. What a mess this is! I need help. 

Message 12 of 13
Alumni

Customer Support is accessible through this link - https://squ.re/2LW3Gz3

Try the app troubleshooting steps found on this thread. I just simply searched "app won't load" in the search bar. 

@EDG

Justin
Message 13 of 13