x

How do we designate the appropriate fulfillment method?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Issues with new link to checkout function]

Hi folks,

I think this is a great addition.  Unfortunately, when I change the designation for the test item to pickup and delivery only, it shows as unavailable to the end user.  Much of what we sell would never be shipped.  It becomes available if I change it to either "shipping" or "all".  Maybe I missed something?  

Speaking of shipping, I see a weight designation, but not a place to enter a fixed s&h fee?  We prefer the latter.  

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fcheckout.square.site%2Fbuy%2FO47KUHMCRSIJHF4W3HQPYK3L%3...

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Alumni

Hi @hifiguy,

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. 

To make sure I'm understanding, your products would either only utilize a pickup or delivery fulfillment method? Is that correct? 

Please let me know by replying in this thread. I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 12

Primarily, we would like to offer local pickup only. Technically, we don't offer delivery, but I suppose we can just clarify that in the item description.  Many of our items are not well suited to shipping. For those, we would like to offer pickup only.

We do have a few items we would offer to ship, and had hoped we would be able to define those as needed.  For those items to be shipped, we would ideally like to specify a fixed shipping and handing fee.  

Message 3 of 12
Alumni

@hifiguy

Understood. Let me look into this with our Weebly Team and I will be back as soon as I have an update. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 12

I have the same question, want to get rid of delivery as a fulfillment option. What's weird is that when I'm in website design, the fulfillment options are only Shipping and Pickup. Wonderful! I choose Pickup. Then when the item is saved, Pickup turns into Pickup/Delivery. Thanks for your help!

Message 5 of 12

While I would also vote for the option to specify pickup only, I do want to clarify that my original post was to report that the pickup and delivery option is actually broken.  I checked just now, and if you choose that option, the item is unavailable.  Please fix.  

Sample square online checkout  

Message 6 of 12

Will there be a way to utilize shipping in conjunction with pickup and delivery, but have a totally different menu set for shipping? If this exists, how do you designate this in your item library and how does the customer choose, shipping, pickup, or delivery?

Message 7 of 12
Alumni

Hey @tap1495

Yep - items can be given specific fulfillment methods. Set this up from the Online Store Dashboard > Item Library.

Start with checking the items eligible for shipping. Once selected, click the ... box > Set Fulfillment Method > Shipping. Options also include Pickup & Delivery or both

Customers will see the fulfillment method at checkout.

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 8 of 12

It may work with the online store, but if you specify "pickup or delivery" it does not work with a checkout link.  See my link posted earlier for an example.  I do hope they fix this.  

Message 9 of 12

Awesome! I don't know how I missed that part. THANK YOU!

Message 10 of 12

I am having trouble with the shipping at checkout. My customers are not seeing the shipping cost when checking out and also when i do manual invoices i dont see a shipping option. Please help.

Message 11 of 12
Alumni

For Invoices, you can request a shipping address but there's no built in feature that allows shipping as a fulfillment method. 

As for the shipping costs at checkout, make sure the fulfillment method for your items are set to shipping so your customers see that option at checkout.  I provided instructions on how to do so on this thread I moved you to. 

If you're still having issues with shipping, reach out to our Ecom Team so they can walk you through setting up your site properly. @

Stilllearning1

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Message 12 of 12