x
Beta Member

Item Availability Widget / Item Availability

Hi, last week the new widget for item availability vanished of our systems, the order widget and keypad widget are still there though? Also some items do not 'Grey Out' on the screen even though they show in 'Actions>Item Availability' as unavailable!  Possible Bug maybe?

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
8 REPLIES 8
Admin

Thanks for flagging this @The_Sun_Inn! It does sound like it could be a bug. Is this happening on the Register again or is it on the iPad? Has there been any recent update that you can see as well?

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

@tranguyen No recent update that Iโ€™m aware of and yes the register again.

Message 3 of 9
Admin

Sorry for the delayed reply here @The_Sun_Inn, I was trying to dig around and couldn't find anything related to this. If possible, would you mind sharing a video with me again with how the Register is behaving? And just to confirm, there is no pending update at the moment, is that correct? 

Tra
Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

It's fine @tranguyen , i will try get a video later and send it on, it appears to be the items controlled by the dashboard inventory that show in the Availability as unavailable but they do not grey out, the software is 5.1.0125 with no pending update.

Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

@tranguyen Heres the video.

Message 6 of 9
Admin

Appreciate you sending on that video @The_Sun_Inn! I've raised a request with our engineering team so they can look into this further and will follow up once the issue is resolved. I'm so sorry that you've been running into all these issues with the Register lately. 

Tra
Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

@tranguyen Hey, it's fine, we have been really impressed with the system and it's offerings, the register and terminals have been a godsend to our business and bugs need finding so always happy to help ๐Ÿ˜‚

Message 8 of 9
Admin

Hey @The_Sun_Inn, thanks for bearing with me while the team was looking into this. We're working to improve the rendering for item availability (the grey out feature) and this should be fully fixed with the next update but in the meantime, if you logout and log back in or process a payments, the interface should update itself accordingly. 

Tra
Message 9 of 9