x

Item photos not syncing

Hi,  

I just got a square stand in addition to using Square app on my phone.  If I update a photo of an item on my phone, it works on the phone, but doesn't sync across other devices, i.e.  the square stand and my wife's Square app.  All devices are logged in using a device code and all using the same location.  Any ideas?  

Message 1 of 4
Report Inappropriate Content
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hi @nolonstacey1, thank you for reaching out! That's very strange - in theory, the images should be synced across devices, including the iPads, phones and on the Square Dashboard itself. 

Sometimes it might take a while for the change to take place - if you try signing out and signing back in to the account on different devices, does it update the item image?

If possible, can you send me a screenshot of a particular item that has the image showing on your phone but not other device?

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 4

Thanks fir the reply. Support have said it Only updates across all devices if you add the photo to the item on the dashboard. If you add it on the app on the phone, it won’t show on other devices - which is a shame as taking a pic with your phone via the app I’d the easiest way to add a photo 

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I completely agree, @nolonstacey1! This would be something we can flag to our Product team for review and add as a feature request, since uploading a photo via the app is definitely the easiest way to do it. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 4