x

Items created in POS not visible in dashboard

Has anybody experienced this problem?

We create new items either on our iPhones or the iPad that we use as the POS. The item displays there no problem and we are able to sell the items in store with no issues.

However when we try to access the items in the dashboard, either to upload inventory or to make the items available in our online store, they simply are not visible.

This means that we have to create a new item. Then the next time you use the POS in store and search for an item to sell it to a customer, it now appears in the POS twice.

Any help would be really aprreciated.

Thanks,

Michael 

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @Archrivals, sorry to hear you have run into this issue! I know sometimes there ca be a delay showing any items creating from the Square Point of Sale app on the Dashboard. 

If possible, if you run into this again in the future, can you contact our team directly? That way we can look into it in that moment and flag it to the engineering team if needed.

Something to note as well: you can still update your inventory or make items available in your Online Store via the Square Point of Sales app! That may come in handy should you encounter this again. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 6

Hi there, 

Thanks for coming back to me.

It really is strange. We've been using Square for 3 years and not had this problem until a couple of months ago and now we run in to it all the time.

The items in question for this time around were added about a week ago so you'd think, even with a delay, that they would be there now but unfortunately they are not.

To be honest we do use the app for most things (including updating inventory more often than not). But we need to use the Desktop for updating the website, assigning products the the relevant category on the site etc, and there isn't really any getting around that as far as I can see. 

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for letting me know @Archrivals! Since there's a current example of an item not showing on the Dashboard, that's definitely something our team can look into. Have you bee able to reach out to our Support team with the example and screenshot showing the item is available in app but not on desktop?

One thing I'd like to try to see if it'd help. When you go to edit the item within the app, if you scroll down, do you see the option to make the item Available for Purchase Online? It is usually under a section that say Checkout link. If you toggle that on and then go to edit your site, are you able to see the item in the Online site's library? 

Tra
Message 4 of 6

Hey,

I haven't yet reached out to them but I certainly will do following your advice.

I do see that option within the app, but even when I toggle the switch across the item still doesn't show in the dashboard.

Thanks again and I will report back when we've hopefully gotten to the bottom of it.

Thanks again,

Michael 

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hopefully our team will be able to assist further but do let me know if there is anything at all I can do for you!

Tra
Message 6 of 6