x

Items disappearing from Online Store

I am creating a new page on our Weebly Online Store for online ordering for pickup at our retail location. Since yesterday morning I have had nothing but problems with all the items I'm adding to the "Featured Items" section disappearing every time I re-open Square. I've tried on both the latest versions of Google Chrome and Firefox & I have tried clearing cookies and the same issues keep happening. It's very frustrating that it's wiping out all of my work every time I log back into Square. Obviously this is a big deal if I can't get my store up and running without items disappearing (lost sales).

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Alumni

Hi there @luckyenvelope - it sounds like we'll want to dig in with you a bit here to get to the bottom of this. If you're still running into trouble with your Featured Items section, could you please share the link to your online store with us here so we can take a look? Thanks in advance!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 17
Beta Member

I am also having this issue. Please advise! http://ghlincoln.com/order

Message 3 of 17
Admin

Hey @guesthouse-

Have you tried clearing the cookies for the last 7 days on your website? Is it items of a specific category?

Please let me know! Thank you. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 4 of 17
Beta Member

clearing browser cookies or are there weebly/square cookies that need to be cleared? either way, doesn't make sense. 

Message 5 of 17
Admin

In order to investigate this further, please reply with which pages/items/categories are missing. Is there a pattern in the kinds of pages/items/categories that go missing? Let me know @guesthouse

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 17

We are having a similar issue, whereby every day this week one or more items (OR photographs of items) on our website (online menu) have been disappearing from the website - because the item was mysteriously removed from it's proper category. Categories are being unassigned. Items are disappearing. And all of this is causing orders to print incorrectly, which is causing orders to be made incorrectly, which is causing customers to be upset. All of this is really frustrating. I've spoken with Tech Support as well as our Account Manager about this and so far noone has been able to help. 

Message 7 of 17
Agency Partner

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my client's online store. Most of the items I created on her Online Library have disappeared (but they are showing up on her Item Library, on her dashboard). I can't also Add from Item Library to the Online Library because it says "No items found". I have tried to add items on different days, with different browsers, cleared caches, still not working. I'm not sure what's going on. Could you help, please? Thank you.

Message 8 of 17
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @AnnaStudio

Do you have the sync between the Item Library and Online Store turned on? 

It sounds like there is some disconnect between the two. Please let me know if that doesn't do the trick and I am happy to circle back! 

Kassi
Message 9 of 17
Agency Partner

Hi Kassi. Yes, sync in on (Item Library or the Point of Sale app will be automatically added to this site).

But items are disappearing from the Online Library randomly. I've never saw this happening before.

Message 10 of 17
Agency Partner

I have designed more than 100 Square sites, it never happened before.

Message 11 of 17

I agree, @AnnaStudio, this is very odd behavior.

Have you reached out to our CS Team at all? They would be able to take a deeper look & possibly file a ticket with our engineers, if needed. 

Kassi
Message 12 of 17
Agency Partner

Thanks for your reply, Kassi.

What should I do to contact the CS Team?

Message 13 of 17
Agency Partner

I have sent two emails and talked to a person on the chat but I only got generic replies. The client also sent a few messages to the support and got tutorial links about the site builder, shipping options etc as replies... Not helpful at all.

Message 14 of 17

Thank you for trying those options for getting in touch with support, @AnnaStudio . I would suggest reaching out to them via phone, if you can: 1-855-700-6000. 

Kassi
Message 15 of 17
Agency Partner

They said that they couldn't help me because I am not the account's owner. I'm the designer who is building the site, so I'm not sure how I should get help. Is there any channel for designers/agencies find technical help on their clients' behalf?

Thank you very much.

Message 16 of 17

Ah, @AnnaStudio .Yes, the account owner would have to either call in or be on the call with you for them to reveal any account information. 

Another option would be to have the account owner add you as an Authorized Representative on the account. It would allow you to call in with some permissions on the account without the account owner. Take a look at this Support Article with some more information. 

Kassi
Message 17 of 17