x

Items not showing in square invoice app

I'm trying to create a manual invoice. The item is active online, on my website. However when I open my square app to invoice, the item isn't there, even when I use the search feature. A lot of other items are missing as well. Why isn't it syncing?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Hi @Wao,

Did you get this one figured out?

To me it sounds like potentially you may have your items setup in Square Online instead of the main Item Library of Square (which feeds into Square Online via a sync). It's a bit confusing, but Square Online acts as a channel (like POS and Appointments), so it is designed to read from a 'master' item library which lives in your main Square dashboard > Items.

Square Online items don't feed backwards — they only sync inventory etc with the main library when they are imported from there to start with. 

This could explain why items are missing from your main item library, because you may have set them up in Square Online.

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 2 of 2